[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
my prose is shit. how can i improve
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 144337825246.jpg (36 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
144337825246.jpg
36 KB, 640x480
my prose is shit.
how can i improve
>>
Write
Read fiction
Read books about writing
Write books about reading
>>
Fuck her
full force
In face
and ass
>>
buy prostitute
ask her for her name
tell her you actually don't care
leave her in the closet locked
>>
>>7667863
Practice and stop being a faggot.
>>
this thread would
improve if you made it
in haiku form
>>
John Gardner's Art of Fiction has a good section on improving your prose

Protip, it'll help alot to practice a little poetry
>>
>>7667863
Schizophrenic clang associations are generally more interesting than legitimate prose.

E.g., wee piddle gee.
>>
>>7667863
Find a random woman.
Stalk her.
Drugs and alcohol need to be involved.
Yeah, she's going to tell your college about this shit, but hey, more drugs and alcohol.
Get a razor, send her and your advisers emails about the results.
Then, next thing you know you're 35 years old and writing dark comedy.

Worked for me.
>>
File: 1453352326436.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1453352326436.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>7669349
Sadly not the worst advice given on this board. Pretty horrible, but far from the worst.
>>
>>7667863
For a moment there I thought that was Oxford
new vid when
>>
Is reading indisputably the best way to begin the process of developing writing? What are good supplementary practices?
>>
>>7671882
Other than reading I find that writing is pretty good for improving your writing skills
>>
>>7671899
And eventually you can progress to reading what you've written.
>>
>>7671882
>>7671899
>>7671903
this is it. the thread can die now.

eat eternity and you will shit eternity
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.