[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Silmarillion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 358x521) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 358x521
Have you read it? What did you think of it? I found myself having to flip to the index almost every page to remember names and terms. Overall I found most of it to be pretty intriguing.
>>
I read it twice a few years ago, was pretty good, quite tragic stories but i guess that's the point.
The Children of Húrin is quite nice as well and tragic of course.
>>
>>7667554
I read the Ainulindalë a while ago. It was a better Genesis than the actual Genesis.
>>
>>7667554
well hard to remember all the people and places but bredy gud, as most mythology books.
>>
>>7667554
Dank.
>all these new friends.
>>
File: image.jpg (287 KB, 1273x628) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
287 KB, 1273x628
>>7667554
Read it for the first time a year ago after having read The Hobbot and LotRs too many times to count. Wish I had read it sooner. I think it adds so much to the mythology of the books and makes me appreciate them all so much more.

But it isn't as easy a read as the other books. I'm going to read it again later this year. Figured I'd pick up more on a second pass.
>>
>>7667554
Read it years ago when I was about 15. At that time I really struggled with the language but the story of Túrin Turambar was just amazing, as was the book in general. Will probably read it again in the near future.
>>
>>7667554
Just read it this year, it's really a work of mythology rather than 'fantasy' which is why most people go full pleb and call it boring.

Definitely worth reading even if you aren't a Elder Dire Tolkein Nerd who unironically learned Elvish

>>7668950
this guy knows what's up
>>
>>7668722
>The Children of Húrin is quite nice as well and tragic of course.

It was pretty hot when he banged his sister.
>>
>>7672138
ironically learning elvish would be much more pathetic and dissappointing than doing so for entertainment
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.