[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OP neds critz
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: wut.png (35 KB, 668x405) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
35 KB, 668x405
I'm in need of criticism here. I'm a bit of a rambler and my short essays are in need of work. I swear i'm my own worst critic. Thoughts?
>>
Unoriginal thoughts dressed in clichéd platitudes, congrats
>>
yup
>>
You are writing as the people you criticize, yet it's still bad
>>
Any reasons as to why it's bad?
>>
your 2 paragraphs cancel each other out

"there are dumb people who can't think and there are snobs"

"i digress...there are dumb people everywhere, and we put out our opinion on the "forum", but that matters not because opinions are our individuality"

you could have just said people are dumb but it doesn't matter because opinions are subjective

to accomplish so little in so many words is an achievement
>>
>>7666979
>to the point and no overly long word play.
k, not bad. Anything else?
>>
>>7666999
b-but there is no point
it's not very interesting
not to mention you never point out any hint of causation, it's just such an insignificant piece of life, that without explanation, exists in a state of harmony with everything else

to point it out you must have the need to and then you can explain the hows and after much mental exhaustion then you can say oh it's probably nothing

it's a bit like pointing out a hole in someones pants, it's seemingly out of place and you can describe how out of place it is then you can do some guess to why it stands out so much to you and maybe how this person made this hole or whether or not this person choose to put on pair of pants that had hole in it and that after a while you realize it's nothing
>>
>>7667017
>U
So to clarify points just so I have this in perspective.
>Make the point clear and have causation for the subject at hand.
>Make the post at least somewhat original.
>The opinion of a work needs to be more in depth in the sense that you can put the pieces together without having to make sense of word play.
>>
>>7667045
because you are doing something with plenty of insults and and overt bias you can no longer assume detachment, that would cause everything you have to say fall apart

either you know your pov or you don't insult your subject of study

if you still want to do the same thing it will have to be much longer in terms of explaining every part of everything due to your penchant for assuming so much and you should layoff with the generalizations, they do nothing for your argument "historically people have other people make opinions for them" this means nothing, who is what who is not doing something who is, what does this have anything to do with anything. this habit have to be faced up to because while you cannot read into it other people can. they know that all these generalizations are fillers that does absolutely nothing as they are.

so if you want to develop this into something proper you need to cut either yourself out of it completely or just write it like first person as if seeing an angry person rant about a hole in a pants

it can't be both a personal speech with detachment, that just confuses something and again without a purpose, it's bad form
>>
absolute garbage.

Politics is not like sports. There are a few people I know who have good insight into sports just by watching sports on television. Nobody can make intelligent remarks just by watching politics on television (or reading about it in palsied bursts here and there online).

Read you fucking idiot. Read hundreds of pages for every page you right. Or you'll make a damn fool of yourself and waste everyone's time.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.