[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need some books that would help me understand complex political
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1454272079930.png (24 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
1454272079930.png
24 KB, 128x128
I need some books that would help me understand complex political theory, geopolitics, etc.

I just finished reading Clash of Civilizations by Samuel Huntington and I found it really interesting.
>>
Advise and Consent by Allen Drury is fantastic for understanding the impact of perceived Soviet espionage in the 1950s, as well as the diplomatic process toward a resolution. It's also a valiant effort at chronicling the machinations of the Senate, which is often poorly done. Would recommend
>>
>>7664599

Thank you, I will be sure to check it out

Anything that would help me understand the international political processes
>>
The End of History and the Last Man by Francis Fukuyama
The Tragedy of Great Power Politics by John Mearsheimer
Theory of International Politics by Kenneth Waltz
Politics Among Nations by Hans Morgenthau
Social Theory of International Politics by Alexander Wendt
World Order by Henry Kissinger
>>
>>7664618

Thank you that's exactly what I was looking for
>>
>>7664635
if you read fukuyama read his later essays/articles too
>>
>>7664618
>Kissinger
>Morgenthau
>Mearsheimer
>Waltz
>Wendt

All of these fucking meme first year IR authors.
>>
>>7664618
Fukuyama is the biggest meme of them all I can't believe he is actually still recommended.
>>
>>7664686

Why would they be a 'meme'? That seems perfect for an absolute beginner.

What would you suggest?
>>
>>7664730
I wouldn't suggest all that ivory tower shit.

Probably something worthwhile like a short introduction to Marx or a Foucault reader.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.