[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Latinoamerican boom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: carlos_fuentes_cortazar_bunuel.jpg (96 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
carlos_fuentes_cortazar_bunuel.jpg
96 KB, 600x600
Hello friends, i want to ask about how much do you enjoy the latinoamerican boom literature.
I mean, works from authors like Fernando del Paso, Carlos Fuentes, Gabriel García Márquez,
Julio Cortázar, Mario Vargas Llosa, Juan Rulfo, Mario Benedetti, or José Lezama Lima.
Those works, are amazing because they do a vanguardist (avant-garde), experimental books like Rayuela, One hundred years of solitude, Pedro Páramo, José Trigo and anothers.
>>
I honestly find a lot of it shit. Cortazar imo wrote a lot of junk that has no substance at all, still some of his short stories are GOAT
I prefer older guys like Borges, Lugones, Dario.
t. Latin american
>>
>>7661933
I don't read non-whites, I'm redpilled and FOR white society and culture.

Trump will make America great again

BUILT WALL
>>
Borges and Marquez are cool.

The rest of them, I've never heard of.
>>
Has anybody here read Dream of the Celt? I'm looking forward to reading it myself but was curious to hear what others thought as well.
>>
Las batallas en el desierto - José Emilio Pacheco
El llano en llamas - Juan Rulfo
La vida de María Sabina - forgot The name
From México

La casa de Asterion of Borges its awesome
>>
File: TrumpO.png (60 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
TrumpO.png
60 KB, 300x168
>>7661970
ENGLISH ONLY! USA!
>>
I'm reminded of William Gass's review of Hopscotch

Julio Cortázar’s Hopscotch

Of the astonishing Latin American writers, I am including only a few in my fifty, simply because only these few jarred as much my writing hand. But the work of Fuentes, Paz, Neruda, Carpentier, Vallejo, Rulfo, Puig, Donoso, Cabrera Infante, Sarduy, Sábato, García Márquez, Vargas Llosa, and so on, should not be in any sense skimped or neglected. These writers now own the novel. We others, who try our hand at it from time to time, we merely rent. And Hopscotch is one reason for the preeminence of the Spanish language in contemporary literature. Rich, inventive, sprawling, intelligent … I halt on this word, not one I should assign as a special quality to many writers. Joyce, for instance, picks up ideas the way a jackdaw steals buttons off of hanging wash—because they are bright—and he carries them back to his nest, another shiny trophy. But he does not know the inside of any of them. He knows the brutalities of theology, the beauty of its pageantry, the fearfulness of its fanaticism, but not its internal intellectual power. But so many of the great Latins do. They are smart. Many have been diplomats. They are smooth. They have seen their countries ravaged by carpetbaggers and impoverished by homegrown dictators. They are really pissed off.
>>
>>7662177
Hopscotch changed my life. i read it a total of 4 times and id read it again. i can always find something new to mull over.

I love everything Cortazar wrote.
>>
Jose Emilio Pacheco

Revueltas

Fernando Benitez

Cohelo xD
>>
Burntflower
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.