[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IJ is the worst meme book I have read so far. 1/3 in but it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_n08t8gyDaE1qeh2m0o2_500.jpg (93 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n08t8gyDaE1qeh2m0o2_500.jpg
93 KB, 500x750
IJ is the worst meme book I have read so far. 1/3 in but it's highly unlikely I will finish it.

Joe Rogan podcast tier philosophy and cringe worthy jokes. There were nice moments, but it's not worth to continue on for them.
>>
>>7659530
>1/3 in but it's highly unlikely I will finish it.
>Justifying laziness.
Just admit it, you're intimidated by the size and hoped to kill two birds with one thread, you want to justify your giving up and also start an epic meme bait thread.
>>
>>7659533
Your time and energy are finite. Infinite jest has mediocre value if any, it doesn't justify the time and energy invested.
>>
>>7659540
Okay then, pick up another doorstopper and read it and delete this shitty thread.
>>
>>7659554
No
>>
IJ is bad. Skip OP you're not missing out on anything.
>>
File: 1454463956226.png (442 KB, 560x516) Image search: [Google]
1454463956226.png
442 KB, 560x516
>>7659530
IJ is not that interesting.
>tfw when you also got memed into reading exactly 1/3 of it.
>>
>>7659533
Whenever people shit on IJ (rightfully) this is the response. Same as 2666, same as Les Mis. Talk about laziness, the book isn't difficult it is mind numbing.
>>
>>7660748
2666 is actually good though.
>>
IJ is a joke. It's a /lit/ meme like SS on /fit/
>>
>>7660781
>he fell for the SS is a meme meme

Enjoy your no-gains brosplit lad
>>
>>7659530

All true. But you'll never get it through to /lit/ that their meme author is the epitome of mediocre.
>>
>>7660752
It's more about the behaviour you witness when you criticize it or don't agree it's a book par excellence.

I have read it and can say it's a good book, but not calling it amazing doesn't mean I must be retarded not appreciating bolano's genius.
>>
>>7660842
bolano fans aren't nearly as annoying as dfw fans since 1. there are far fewer of them 2. they're defending an author with a lot more merit to begin wtih
>>
I haven't read IJ, merely the Poor Tony passage
If the book itself is anything like that excerpt, than you must be a cold hearted bastard, OP
>>
>>7659530
Source OP? Who is the demon of the semen
>>
I've seen a lot of people post on reddit how they couldn't enjoy IJ. Coincidence? I think not.
>>
>>7662545
I enjoy reading Pynchon
>>
>>7659530
that's a man. also, don't bother reading anymore. forcing yourself to read a book you hate is torture. forcing yourself to read a book that is intelligent and difficult and hard to follow because you like it, and feel that it's worth it is a different story. Don't let anyone but yourself pressure you into reading something. If your gut says "man, this shit is stupid, I'm going to read something worthwhile", then do that.
>>
>>7662545
Reddit loves IJ you retard.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.