[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
books for schizophrenia?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
books for schizophrenia?
>>
>>7655655
Notes From Underground by Dostoevsky.
>>
File: cc.png (297 KB, 2685x3365) Image search: [Google]
cc.png
297 KB, 2685x3365
>>7655655
A Thousand Plateaus by Deleuze & Guattari
>>
>>7655655

The Divided Self by R.D. Laing
>>
Artistry of the Mentally Ill by Hans Prinzhorn
>>
>>7655675
Anti-Oedipus first
>>
>>7655663

Nope for Underground. The essence of the Underground Man's sickness was not schizophrenia but spitefulness.
>>
Steppenwolf
>>
>>7656011
I'm schizophrenic and much of his behaviour seemed similar to some of the symptoms. Though I agree it was not made with schizophrenia in mind, I believe that many of the symptoms are present.
>>
>>7656078
>I'm schizophrenic

*tips fedora*
>>
>>7656083
What?
>>
File: VALIS(1stEd).jpg (49 KB, 250x427) Image search: [Google]
VALIS(1stEd).jpg
49 KB, 250x427
>>7656078

Okay, that does make sense. Thank you for your hard-won insight and for making that distinction.

I'm thinking Philip K. Dick might be a good recommendation for OP, with maybe a similar caveat about what an actual diagnosis would be for the author or a (highly autobiographical) protagonist such as Horselover Fat. Have you read him, in particular VALIS? I'm deferring to your experience and wondering whether you think it might represent a true-to-life depiction of schizophrenia.
>>
>>7656103
No, I haven't read Valis but I will give it a shot. Thanks. : ) Judging by a reading of the synopsis I would guess that you're right.
>>
Naked Lunch
>>
>>7656083
schizophrenia is a real thing y'know, and there wasn't anything in that anon's post to suggest he was edging it up in anyway like they do in ur dank memes
>>
File: louis Wain_cats_6.jpg (96 KB, 496x421) Image search: [Google]
louis Wain_cats_6.jpg
96 KB, 496x421
>>7655655
take dxm instead
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.