[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you agree with this http://m.wikihow.com/Read-Ulysses
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: images (1).jpg (17 KB, 349x421) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
17 KB, 349x421
Do you agree with this

http://m.wikihow.com/Read-Ulysses
>>
>>7653082
>Annotate

JUST
>>
>>7653082
are these things true?

about each ep being different styles etc?
>>
>>7653133
How fucking new are people on /lit/ nowadays
>>
>>7653134
If no one was new, what'd be the point?
>>
>>7653139
newfags need to lurk more before posting
>>
Wow I just looked this book up on Amazon... i couldn't understand the first page at all. And its very long it seems...
>>
>>7653300
Stately, Plump Buck Mulligan
>>
>>7653096

That's a good thing to do for most books though. Write in meaning of difficult words or obscure passages to help you on a later reading.
>>
>>7653153
One dude asked a question about Ulysses, granted a question he could just have googled instead of taking the time to post, but still, it gives this site som traffic and posts that actually are about literature. Really don't see what's so horrible about it
>>
>>7653325
Even though i am personally for asking these stupid questions, it can lower the quality of the board.
Inb4 quality was always shit meme
>>
>>7653082
What I did was:

- Get Ulysses
- Get "Ulysses Annotated"
- Read each episode with the notes
- Make annotations
- Read the corresponding chapter on Stuart Gilbert's "James Joyce's Ulysses"
- Think about the chapter after reading all that
>>
>>7653319
came from the stairhead, bearing a bowl of lather, on which a mirror and razor lay crossed.
>>
>>7653412
A yellow dressing gown, ungirdled, was sustained gently behind him by the mild morning air.
>>
>>7653411
What I did

>go to library
>pick up a copy of Ulysses
>unannotated
>sit down by a desk
>read it
>profit

tl;dr: fucking pickup a copy and read it.

Full stop.
>>
>>7653300
leave then you illiterate pleb
>>
>>7653462
Good for you, mate. I would like to congratulate you personally and shake hands with you, but this is the best I can manage at so short notice.
>>
>>7653462
And my copy was not annotated either. If you can't even manage to understand that from my post then I wonder how you did past Nestor.
>>
>>7653411
I think Ulysses Annotated is a tad distracting for a first time reader but if it works for you that's cool I guess.

Thoughts on the Gilbert book?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.