[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to read books that make me smarter What should I read?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 487x713) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 487x713
I want to read books that make me smarter
What should I read?
>>
my journal tbqh
>>
>>7653102

Which translation do you recommend?
>>
Ficciones by Borges
>>
>>7653104
i'm writing it in turkish and i don't recommend reading translation tbqh.
you'd better learn turkish.
>>
By smarter if you mean be able to profess information faster compared to the rest of the population given no constant background knowledge, no books can help you do that.

If you want to seem smart, try philosophy.
>>
Shakespeare
>>
>>7653072
infinite jest
>>
After reading your post? Any high school educational book
>>
You should read "On Reading and Book" by Schopenhauer.
>>
>>7653194
And I should learn to spell, apparently. "On Reading and Books."
>>
>>7653102
because of the insight it gives to the mind of a madman?
>>
>>7653677
hahaha rekt my lad
>>
>>7653111
the important word is seem
>>
>>7653072
The Tunnel.
>>
Smarter or more learned?

If the former, try some of these:

Gödel, Escher, Bach by Douglas Hofstadter
The Road to Reality by Roger Penrose
Euclid's Elements
Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman

Oh, and throw in the Greeks while you're at it, why don't you - go grab some Plato and Aristotle and become learned simultaneously.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.