[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some more writers like Albert Camus Don DeLillo Franz
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: lain.png (839 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
lain.png
839 KB, 1920x1080
What are some more writers like

Albert Camus
Don DeLillo
Franz Kafka
Jean Paul Sartre

Basically writers who have a style where everything potentially has more than one meaning and where the work ends up containing a critique of some element of the modern world within it, featuring eccentric characters and understated humor. I don't come on /lit/ a lot so sorry if I'm being a pleb
>>
Read the sticky, delete your thread
>>
>>7651651
start with the greeks

quit anime
>>
If you liked kafka ull like hunger by knut hamsun
Otherwise them writers u posted here are very different
But guess you into kinda existential shit so check some Dosto. U could also enjoy Gogol and Turgenev. Dig, lurk hard on this bitch and dont fall for the beatnik meme
>>
>>7651651
If you like Camus then you might like Dostoyevsky. They both wrote about people on the fringes of society.
>>
File: lain smirk.jpg (23 KB, 490x480) Image search: [Google]
lain smirk.jpg
23 KB, 490x480
>>7651651
I got 3 words for you

Let's Love Lai-

scratch that, my three words are Jose Luis Borges, and then the four words after that are 'Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius'

And The Library of Babel, too

They're short stories, go read them now!
>>
Beckett, Dagerman, Gogol and Ionesco (if you also like to read plays).
>>
>>7651651
The Homecoming by Harold Pinter
>>
Can Xue has been compared to Kafka. I'll think of others and get back to you later family.
>>
Kobo Abe
>>
>>7651651
>Jean Paul Sartre
jej what a fucking philistine

Try up early Krasznahorkai, Gogol and Kosztolanyi
>>
>>7651693
>José

Literally kill urself my man
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.