[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I MAJORED IN LIT HOW THE FUCK DO I GET A JOB I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Fraud.jpg (94 KB, 640x667) Image search: [Google]
Fraud.jpg
94 KB, 640x667
I MAJORED IN LIT

HOW THE FUCK DO I GET A JOB

I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE

I LIKE WRITING AND READING BUT I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE
>>
Do volunteer work and build up a resume. Look into editorial work or technical writing

good luck dave man
>>
>>7648085
>majored
Oh boy. Bit late to be asking now.

Anyway, my advice is to go and teach English somewhere.
>>
>>7648085
just be yourself
>>
>>7648085
Graduate school PhD path!!!
>>
>>7648118
WHAT DO I STUDY?
I LIKE TOO MANY THINGS TO STUDY 1 THING
>>
>>7648118
OP wants a job though. You're just throwing fuel on the no job fire.
>>
>>7648125
Pick someone else within the field of literature that interests you.
>>
>>7648085
Get off of /lit/, you will only hear memes from here.
Go to a jobposting website.
Look at administrative assistant jobs that will not take people without a degree
Copyedit shit
Some technical writing places will train you if you majored in lit. I know a place called Epic in Madison, WI that will do it.
Some states will allow you to teach without a license or ed degree.
Tutor kids for the SAT
Don't listen to STEM memes
Don't respond to STEM posters
If you're desperate, there is transcription work always, and I bet you can type fairly quickly
Work in non-literary publishing, it's easier to get into
Never reply to STEM posters
>>
>>7648085
I don't see any point in majoring in Lit if you aren't planning on going the PhD --> Professor path. Otherwise, just study Lit on your own time, and use the university for things that can't be learned on your own.
>>
https://youtu.be/YGIKZALy2Gw?t=319

Doomed to become a teacher desu
>>
Try peace corps senpai. It's a 2 year gig but you get to teach English in other countries. When you come back you get about 10,000 for your service and it looks pretty impressive on a resume believe it or not
>>
>>7648085
you ask on a chink fishing board what to do with your like of course
>>
>>7649801
Not OP, but honestly thanks for this. I never would have thought of it.
>>
Congratulations, you played yourself.
>>
>>7649801
>>7649875

Yeah but you have to get two refetences and one of them has to be a friend that is not in your family and known you for a couple of years.
>>
where do you guys look for work on the internets? like, if I wanted to work in a pleasant little shop with co-workers who aren't the slaves of a massive conglomerate?
>>
>>7649905
Sounds fine to me senpai, thanks for the heads up
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.