[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Western continent is called Westeros, Eastern continent is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1tjfy24i.vichan.png (67 KB, 255x248) Image search: [Google]
1tjfy24i.vichan.png
67 KB, 255x248
>Western continent is called Westeros, Eastern continent is called Essos
>Seat of the King is called King's Landing
>Dragon is called Drogon

Is GRRM the most unimaginative hack to achieve mainstream popularity?
>>
File: 1435707668627.jpg (60 KB, 600x380) Image search: [Google]
1435707668627.jpg
60 KB, 600x380
>>7644709

>"Ser" instead of "sir"

This bothered me the most. Is changing the spelling that way really supposed to make it fucking fantastical?
>>
I'm not even shitting you here but I just pretended that the characters were unimaginitive.

Humans have been bad at naming things for millenia, so why wouldn't the dumbass medieval people in these books follow suit?
Westeros isn't much worse than naming a place 'Greenland' or 'Iceland.' (Even though those names are deceptive.)

And Drogon is Khal Drogo + Dragon. A little girl picked the name. An idiot.
>>
>>7644715
I didn't know what Ser was until I was mostly through the first book. Why did he do fhat??
>>
>>7644709
I have no idea why it's called Westeros. But King's Landing is a perfectly sensible name, since it's the place where the Targaeryen Kings first, you know, Landed on the continent. And then conquered it.

So they named it King's Landing in honor of that event.

And as another anon pointed out, Drogon is named after Drogo, Daenerys's dead husband. All the dragons have names that end in -on. Another one, named after her dead brother Viserys, is named Viseryon.
>>
I actually liked how he recycled names, like how many Jons there are in the series
>>
>>7644709
Well I read the books in Spanish but according to the knight of the seven kingdoms ser is a knight without lands and sir is someone with a tower of skmething
>>
>northern continent is called North America
>southern continent is called South America
>state west of Virginia is called West Virginia
>country in the south of Africa is called South Africa

Are you the dumbest frogposter ever to shit all over this board?
>>
>>7644805
Kek
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.