[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are good books about nazi concentration camps written by
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 640px-KZSHOF.jpg (54 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
640px-KZSHOF.jpg
54 KB, 640x426
What are good books about nazi concentration camps written by actual holocaust survivors?
>>
that shitty one dfw always plugged in order to please his jewish publishing house masters
>>
>>7644644
No one survived the Holocaust
>>
I had to read some of Nightmare Memoir in American history and that was pretty decent. Its from the perspective of a French (?) POW, I really liked the part where he described the march to the camp itself, I had never read about that.
>>
The Beautiful Days of My Youth, By Ana Novac
Primo Levi's books

Can't remember more at the moment.
>>
>>7644644
Primo Levi, If this is a man
>>
shielding the flame

it's an interview with a holocaust survivor Marek Edelman from Poland
>>
>>
>>7644666
This. It's a very foccused and rational description of life in the camp. If you want something more novely/emotional, this is not it.
>>
>>7644644
A very dreamy telling of the experience would be Night by Elie Wiesel.
>>
How can you survive an imaginary shoah?
>>
>>7645374

'Dreamy' is a polite way of saying fabricated
>>
>>7644644

It really depends which area you want to cover. Especially since the 1970's hundreds of memoirs have been written so you have memoirs of simple workers to people working in kitchens or tooth extraction centres (each with its own respective historical value of course).

If you've never read anything then Primo Levi's 'if this is a man' is a good start by any means. Two other good books are 'Eyewitness Auschwitz' by Filip Müller and 'Auschwitz: A doctor's eyewitness account' by Miklos Nyiszli.

I always advise people to read 'around'
Auschwitz because it's not the only camp that deserves reading about. Two fascinating books about survivors from Sobibor and Treblinka respectively are 'From the Ashes of Sobibor ' by Thomas Blatt and 'Treblinka' by Chil Rajchman.

On a closing note: Don't listen to bullshit like this >>7645374.
>>
Art Spiegelman - Maus
Ok, it's not a book, it's a comic. Ok, it's not written by a holocaust survivor, it's written by his son. But it's still incredible.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.