[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the best way to read House of Leaves? Chapter 9 is referenced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Leaves.jpg (16 KB, 303x400) Image search: [Google]
Leaves.jpg
16 KB, 303x400
Whats the best way to read House of Leaves? Chapter 9 is referenced early on, so should I skip to it or just read it straight through?

Also, I've heard that you don't get the same experience with an ebook version that you would with a physical copy. Is this true or just pretentious garbage?
>>
Read it the same order you would any other book.

Physical copy if you can. There's a reason the title is called House of Leaves.
>>
>>7640970
>There's a reason the title is called House of Leaves.

Are you referencing physical copy vs ebook, or the hipster garbage part?
>>
>>7641050
The typography (which is a pretty essential part of the book) probably doesn't convert well.
>>
get the coloured copy of the book. as the other anons said read it in order and read the physical copy.
>>
>>7641106
>>7641125
thanks
>>
>>7640964
It involves a lot of typographical gimmicks like colored text and mirror writing. Ebook formatting tends to be pretty shite so I doubt it carries over all that well.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.