[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>vividly imagine every personal confrontation turning violent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: images (3).jpg (20 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
20 KB, 512x288
>vividly imagine every personal confrontation turning violent
>mentally prepare myself for a worst-case situation every day
>suspicious of the motives and true feelings of others, from colleagues to close friends
>obsess over small things said/done as being indicative of a greater attitude

I've once considered a comprehensive plan to potentially set my best friend's lawn on fire. Control and communication have always won out so far.

Given that, which books have similarly anxious and paranoid characters?
>>
>>7640609
i do the exact same thing OP

i'm 6'4 but whenever someone confronts me my body starts pumping out massive amounts of adrenaline and my eyes start watering and my body starts shaking uncontrollably, i also can't speak properly while it's happening

there have been brief moments where i've genuinely been able to enjoy something without this sort of anxiety and i can say they've been the best moments of my life
>>
A Scanner Darkly
>>
>>7640609
You know me so well OP
>>
>>7640609
Reminds me of this lad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkIXuRH1hjg
>>
>>7640609
What happened to you, OP?
Did you go through a fucked up childhood?
>>
>>7640811
He probably has just been alive for more than 12 years.
>>
>>7640609
your diary ddesu
>>
>>7640609
>>7640631
You lads would have been perfect specimens a few thousand years ago.
>>
>>7640609
wew are you me lad
>>
>>7640631
>>7640609

Damn I have some shitty social anxiety but this is really rough guys. You guys should try counseling or medication or something

>inb4 some retard calls medication the jewpill or something

Also what you're describing reminds me of the narrator from Notes from the Underground
>>
wew
>>
Hermann Ungar- The Maimed
>>
>>7641546
>oy vey
Why the fuck would you chemically alter your brain
>>
>>7642380
>not taking nootropics
>>
>>7642380
>if I make it sound scary it sounds scary

"Why the fuck would anyone trust a team of strangers to anesthetize them and cut them open"

Meds aren't a complete solution to anything and are far from perfect but fear mongering about them is ridiculous, especially when you're dissuading people who already get little to no enjoyment or satisfaction out of their lives from taking them
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.