[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Write what's on your mind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (763 KB, 2956x2253) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
763 KB, 2956x2253
Write what's on your mind
>>
The quality of this board has gone down the fucking drain.
>>
>>7632546
Vamo Chile argento cagon!!
>>
>>7632546

I'm wondering if I should stop drinking even if it helps me write.

Is ruining my life for the sake of my own mediocre poetry worth it?

I don't know. I wish I did. But I like drinking, and I like writing, so I guess I'm taking this route all the way to AA.
>>
>>7632574
Drinking ruined Faulkner. The only writing-approved substances are caffeine and nicotine
>>
>>7632574
The feeling of creating something that you can actually adore and love is amazing beyond any other. I wouldn't replace it for anything desu, but then again, I don't have it at my own health's expense
>>
I want desperately to give back to a world that has given me so much, despite great struggle from birth (brachioplexus palsy). However, I feel unequal to the task, and fear that I will die without making a positive mark on anyone.
>>
Today I met a member of the Chinese Communist Party for coffee. I don't know if she's interested in me and I don't know if I want her to be, because I'm in a relationship already. But something about being romantically involved with a capital-c Communist seems irresistible.
>>
>>7632587
Don't worry senpai
You won't care after your dead, and in a few years, decades or centuries, no one else will either.
>>
File: There is no God.jpg (366 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
There is no God.jpg
366 KB, 768x1024
>>7632587
You won't, and even if you did, it wouldn't matter. You're going to die and be forgotten. If you managed to leave a positive mark on somebody, they too would die and be forgotten (after forgetting you). There's nothing you can do about this. You will probably never be loved, but take some solace in the fact that most other people won't also.

Forget about doing good. Embrace memes instead.
>>
>>7632587
The world doesn't give a heck about your contribution, Anon.
You have to take it and slam it into its face until it has no other choice. This is how you leave your mark, not by being desperate to give it to them.
>>
>>7632572
Escribi bien, chileno asqueroso.
>>
File: 1453403047917.jpg (10 KB, 250x237) Image search: [Google]
1453403047917.jpg
10 KB, 250x237
>>7632632
>Escribi
>>
>>7632587
Gibe moni pls
>>
>>7632605
>archetypal /lit/ wannabe "wisdom"
To the palsied dude, just do your best man. Make a plan. Take steps towards that plan every day of your life. Don't give up friend
>>
>>7632587

Move to Houston and help me take over the world
>>
I have nothing to live for.
>>
>>7632572
Viva Pinochet
>>
>>7632588
If you're in a relationship already, don't. Don't cheat.
Just fap it out.
>>
File: DJ_Screw.jpg (58 KB, 348x459) Image search: [Google]
DJ_Screw.jpg
58 KB, 348x459
Depression is really just apathy slowed down and repeated ad nauseam
>>
>>7632869
I'm not making excuses, anon, but I'm a pretty weak person and my relationship is long-distance. I just really hope she doesn't like me as much as she let on earlier.
>>
Religious ppl should all group together and mass suicide. amen.
>>
>>7633312
look up the word 'shame' in the dictionary and apply it in your real life
>>
>>7633312
Honestly cheating is only bad if it irrevocably erodes your affection for the first partner or if they find out. If you're a good liar then you can do it without harming your first lover, though I would say given that our culture insists on monogamy it shows something of a weakness in the relationship. Sadly you can't control how much people like you, but you also can't summon up affection for them which isn't there to guide your actions, you have to act in relation to your real amount of emotion or else you'll overtax yourself and it will break down anyway.
>>
>>7633344
We're way past the point of shame here.
>>7633373
This is good advice, and I'll try to take it. I have no doubts about my affection for my first partner, I'm just aware that lonely and abroad I tend to do stupid things like this. It wouldn't be the first time.
>>
Hahahahaha asshole! You said you wouldn't give me a dream interpretation because it was dangerous to humor a psychotic, but in the course of explaining why you wouldn't provide one, you provided one perfectly! Now I know that the Enaree and Kiyo are one in the same, and consequently that if I drink the blood of three dragons I will become a dragon myself. Our magic grows in strength! You cannot stop us!

It's also really annoying not having internet at my house. Fucking construction workers managed to cut the cable while digging and it's been out for the past three days and probably will be for the next, since the fucking cable company missed their appointment yesterday. I get all my work done at home because I can't handle the noise at school (or find a place to sit half the time), and I have like 8 assignments due on the 2nd. Some serious bullshit. I will probably use mental illness as an excuse to get an extension from some of my professors.
>>
This excuse that you're making
Is it good enough for what you're paying?
>>
>>7632572
Chileno sucio
>>
>>7632546
>>
Tired
Tired
Tired
Tired
I swear I've never felt like this
Hand on heart, hand on book
As this a part of my biography
One of the micro-hallucinations
The end me waking in panic
Oh shit! I'm late. I'm late
I enjoyed this too much
But only a minute has past
And instantly I am tired
Tired
Tired
>>
Women. The more I socialize with them, the more I realize that Schopenhauer was absolutely right. There's only one thing - I cannot bring myself to despise them, like Arthur recommends. Why? Because a drunk girl is the most vulnerable thing in the observable universe. I can pity them, but I could never, never, ever bring myself to go and put them in their place.
>>
>>7634199
Schopenhauer didn't say all women were bad. In fact, there was one woman in particular, Elisabet Ney, the painter of his portrait, who he admired. He said, "I have not yet spoken my last word about women. I believe that if a woman succeeds in withdrawing from the mass, or rather raising herself above the mass, she grows ceaselessly and more than a man."
>>
>>7634220

That's beautiful. I feel something similar - I've once read that only women understand women and they hate each other, but every friendship between women I've experienced so far was as solid as a Sequoia.
>>
File: 82.jpg (100 KB, 876x773) Image search: [Google]
82.jpg
100 KB, 876x773
>>7634199
>tfw I hate women pathologically to the point that their even existing is a philosophical problem to me
>tfw also super into femdom
>tfw writing weird drug-fueled shit about the primeval dionysian of woman that is half loathing half dentata-terror and half holy shit i want that on my face ASAP
>>
I wish that christians would realize that the point of the new testament (in the way that it was ordered for the christian faith) was put together to show that a world without Jesus did not work.

I wish they would stop thinking that rules from the Bible are what they should still be following

I'm not even religious but it would make the world a better place
>>
>>7634439
Sorry shit, I meant the Old Testament
>>
Today marks the 30th Anniversary of the Challenger disaster. 30 years ago, we lost seven of our most star-struck men and women in a tragic accident mid flight. Our duty as rational, thinking creatures, is to remember this day so that we can remind ourselves of the opposition which we face in the attainment of our most noble goal: The search for knowledge.

What the Challenger disaster means to me is a milestone in human achievement. Ronald Reagan, in his speech to a grieving nation, posited that “We’ve grown used wonders in this century. It’s hard to dazzle us”. We’ve grown used to the idea that space exists, it will always be there, waiting for us to climb into it’s lofty heights. Space is infinite, while we are mortal creatures, men of flesh and blood. Space will be always above us, even when we’re gone. Our pride points us to the moon, and says “Look, can’t you see the footsteps? Hasn’t our greatness been captured forever?” I say no, it hasn’t. Our first steps toward greatness are planted on the lunar surface, but these, are stumbling first steps, and only the beginning of a yet undeparted journey.

We ought to mourn the crew for their sacrifice. In one terrible moment, they were made martyrs to the whole human race. There will still be more astronauts, volunteers and people to fly to the stars, but for the Challenger Seven, their service to this country, to mankind, is over.

If the weight of this tragedy doesn’t fill you and simultaneously leave you empty, then you are dead.
>>
>>7634510
I'm very sorry you're so upset. I just think that scientific disasters are the worst because I have such immense respect for the notion of their work. To me it's some of the most important work being done. But that's just what I think

>Jesus if that's whats on your mind, you must be real fun at intellectual gatherings. What a fucking waste of neurons, to care about an event that had little to significant impact on the universe, galaxy,s olar system, planet, or history in fucking general as we know it as, radiates anthropocentrism. What garbage, what absolute fucking garbage. Commit Sudoku.

rood.
>>
>>7634455
Jesus if that's whats on your mind, you must be real fun at intellectual gatherings. What a fucking waste of neurons, to care about an event that has little to no significant impact on the universe, galaxies, solar system, planets, or history in fucking general as we know it/experience it. What garbage, what absolute fucking anthropocentric garbage. Commit Sudoku.
>>
>>7634528
what the fuck is happening to my posts.
>>
>>7634535
Anger, friendo. Incredible rage is literally smiting them from /lit/.
>>
>>7634455

Tl;dr
>>
>>7634528
Your edge is fucking blunt.
>>
>>7632568
Everyone always says this about every message board ever made, but the fact that we can pinpoint it to around December...when Reddit became aware of our top 100 list and hypersphere is pretty hilarious.
>>
Thinking
Wondering
When I will find the strength
To finally be able to see

Wondering
Thinking
Is it just me?
It always seems so near
But then it passes me by
Can I ever be truly free?
>>
my ex responds but she has? so lmk when she is off my time
>>
File: CL4uTorWUAARXEE.jpg (20 KB, 349x356) Image search: [Google]
CL4uTorWUAARXEE.jpg
20 KB, 349x356
>get first phd program rejection letter
>tfw excuse to get drunk
>>
>>7633373

>cheat without harming your partner

literal contradiction, if you're cheating then you don't love your partner anymore and staying with them will just hurt you and them more as the relationship slowly deteriorates. If you want to be with the communist, break up with your gf now, before even going on a first date with the other girl.
>>
>>7635031
You don't stand a chance, faggot. Fucking kill yourself already.

>>>/Reddit/
>>
>>7635121
An update on the situation - last night me and my partner had a horrendous two-hour argument owing to her severe depression. She's extremely unhappy living apart from me and nothing I can do or say seems to help.
I really don't know what to do except to make things worse.
>>
Can't get over my health anxiety. Work tomorrow, can't sleep. Destroying my life, can't remember when life was normal. All I want is normalcy again.
>>
I went through yet another day of not pursuing any of my dreams. I feel so empty. Writing, reading, and other things use to be fun and brought happiness but now I feel nothing from them. It makes me miserable. I find myself in this rut too many times. What will it take to never feel this way again?
>>
>>7636408
This is the true meaning of life. Unhappiness. This is why happiness feels offtimes shallow, but pain so much more painful. As Carlyle had said - the Devil is our God.
>>
KURWA MAĆ ILE JESZCZE
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.