[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some instances when your thinking lined up directly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: R-250244-1083586455.jpg.jpg (19 KB, 300x299) Image search: [Google]
R-250244-1083586455.jpg.jpg
19 KB, 300x299
What are some instances when your thinking lined up directly with the author's?

For me, while reading ride the tiger
>But to avoid straying too far from my argument, the point is that the most acute forms of the modern existential crisis are appearing today at the margin of a civilization of prosperity, as witness the currents in the new generation that have been described. One sees there rebellion, dis- gust, and anger manifesting not in a wretched and oppressed subprole- tariat but often in young people who lack nothing, even in millionaires' children. And among other things it is a significant fact, statistically proven, that suicide is much rarer in poor countries than in rich ones, showing that the problematic life is felt more in the latter than in the former. Blank despair can occur right up to the finishing-post of socio- economic messianism, asln the musical comedy about a Utopian island where they have everything, "fun, women, and whiskey," but also the ever-recurrent sense of the emptiness of existence, the sense that some- thing is still missing.

Holy shit, reading this was just like going through my own thoughts, to the suicide statistic and everything.
>>
must suck to be you if this is how yo uthink
>>
>>7628057
not exactly accurate either
>>
>>7628072
God damn it what the fuck
How did I hear different then? Why does evola say different? This shakes up everything I believe in
>>
File: crisis2.jpg (66 KB, 252x400) Image search: [Google]
crisis2.jpg
66 KB, 252x400
>>7628057
Tfw no such situation. But that's my motivation to write I guess.
>>
>In other words, it’s the extremes of either poverty or wealth that are associated with higher suicide rates.

http://www.gifteconomy.ca/2014/08/12/why-suicide-rates-are-higher-among-millionaires-and-billionaires/
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.