[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a cold
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: jean-paul-sartre-3.jpg (23 KB, 433x480) Image search: [Google]
jean-paul-sartre-3.jpg
23 KB, 433x480
Recommend me books on influenza.
>>
I just spent the last week getting over mine. I'm still kind of bronchitis-y.

I recommend saline nasal spray to loosen up huge blockages for ejection, a strategic decision to stop blowing your nose and just start swallowing the endless mucous while sitting up during the phase of runniness, not being fooled by the mild bronchitis eye of the storm into thinking it's over, and lots of tea and Watership Down to prevent you from killing yourself.
>>
The Prince by Machiavelli
Manufacturing Consent by Herman & Chomsky
How to make friends and Influenza People by Dale Carnegie
>>
Water Margin
>>
>>7622979
Thanks Anon.
Could you manage to read anything btw? This is usually the most disappointing aspect of it for me.
>>
War and Peace
>>
Being and Disease: an essay on the psychical phenomenological effects of microbes.
>>
File: cover.jpg (114 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
114 KB, 800x800
>>7622972
>I have a cold
>books on influenza
sure anon here you go
>>
>>7622982
The characters are caught by a disease, the disease that the Song is failing and has failed its people

As the novel progress they pick up more and more followers who all have a personal story about how corrupt the society is and how morally unjust people become.

Since they are rebels the government sent an army to do battle with them. After some exchange the rebels are granted amnesty and recruited to fight the barbarians

Song is the body, it is ill.
It produces symptoms of sickness.
As the body fight the intruders it slowly responds with all its might to fight the foreign bodies, with some loss of the body's own members, the foreigners are driven out.

You should rest if you are sick. The body needs energy to fight.
>>
>>7623020
I actually want to read this
Google yields nothing
>>
>>7623037
heh
>>
>>7623045
a-are you op?
>>
tf kind of thread is this...
>>
>>7623049
no.
>>
The Great Influenza, OP. Read it. Be scared. Then wash your hands and stock up on food.
>>
The Anxiety of Influenza - Harold Rhume
>>
>>7623045
Better now you can write it!
>>
>>7623897
>dat parade in philadelphia
Great book.
http://bookzz.org/book/1165836/9b81a0

Also pic related
http://bookzz.org/book/2286784/547c4c
>>
File: 7ApdHuH7h8UC?fife=w300-rw.jpg (35 KB, 300x455) Image search: [Google]
7ApdHuH7h8UC?fife=w300-rw.jpg
35 KB, 300x455
This desu senpai.

Its just a cold
>>
>>7623931
what a horrible mistake. i take heart that at least now people know that's a bad idea...even if it doesn't stop most of them at least some people get it. imagine thousands and thousands of people dying sick in a city, every day.
That book sent me on a learning jag about viruses and I'm still fascinated by those evil little fuckers.
>>
>>7622972
books on affluenza? i'd say Against the Grain would be a good book for that.
>>
>>7623970
Also known as Au Rebours, since whenever i suggest it, no one can find it on fucking google.
>>
>>7623943
>now people know that's a bad idea
They knew then! The guys from hopkins warned the mayor specifically!
>>
>>7624014
Yes, but a military parade had little chance of being cancelled. And wasn't there that boat full of sick sailors they let out into the city? Well, at least individual people know more, more of us do, even if it's a small percentage. But people overlook how deadly influenza can be because it's "just the flu", but it's only a step or two from being disaster movie bad.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.