[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recall someone pointing out that the Canadian publishing establishment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: litmap-300.jpg (53 KB, 300x252) Image search: [Google]
litmap-300.jpg
53 KB, 300x252
I recall someone pointing out that the Canadian publishing establishment by content requirements similar to the CRTC CanCon. Anyone know what it is?
>>
> I recall someone pointing out that the Canadian publishing establishment

*is bound by
>>
>>7621028
To publish anything in Canada you have to be native or a recent immigrant.
>>
>>7621135
That's actually why I want to find the requirements. There is something related to minority quotas. It's an embarrassment and inherent tokenism.
>>
>>7621028
pretty sure this isn't true OP
>>
>>7621143
I would just publish under an ethnic pseudonym
>>
>>7621168
There is a content law for Canadian publishing and grants, I've read it before. I just can't find it again. When someone mentioned it, I thought they had misread the CRTC, which doesn't regulate the Canadian publishers, but he pointed me to another regulation that did, in fact, present a diversity quota of sorts. I just can't remember what the regulation was called.
>>
>>7621188
there are of course quotas (probably fuzzy?) for grants (canada council, etc), but cancon is a requirement to use public frequencies, not "maybe you'll get some moneys". so what you're talking about is not a "regulation"
>>
Who /got SSHRC by twisting his research proposal which has nothing to do with Indians into something to do with Indians/ here?

Who /doesn't have to TA next year/ here?
>>
>>7621228
fuck
fuck you
i don't even know why i consider coming back sometimes
>>
>>7621254
You can do it, anon. They gave us five different guest speaker lectures on how to stretch like a motherfucker on your application.
>>
>>7621259
i mean back to canada
is it this? it's pretty funny, i have no idea how they/you would do this:
Exploration of impactful narrative elements in literary representations of trauma: a study of Canadian First Nations and German historical fiction novels
>impactful
>$60K
fuck this bitch/you
>>
>>7621135
cry more whitey
>>
>>7621419
They're not actually wrong in the sense of what is considered literature in Canada. There is a strong push for diverse representation in the Canadian canon. Personally, I think this fetish for defining the Canadian identity is a bit ignorant to art as a whole, but then again, this isn't a black and white issue I know, I'm not sorry.
>>
>>7621479
We're a non-country with a non-identity.

At least Sweden is a farce festering on top of Swedishness. Canada is just farce all the way down. When the farce disappears so will we.
>>
>>7621419
>implying I'm white

It's just a fact. Canadian lit is shaped by the diversity meme
>>
>>7621487
hey buddy
you know they used to call us racist for not taking the dilution of our culture lying down?
anyway, come to quebec, assimilate, everything will be fine
>>
>>7621487
Well, that's just not true.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.