[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post Your Favorite Supernatural Horror Stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Edgar_Allan_Poe_2.jpg (499 KB, 1190x1490) Image search: [Google]
Edgar_Allan_Poe_2.jpg
499 KB, 1190x1490
>>
>>7617777
my diary desu
>>

>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-04-17-33-37.png (311 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-04-17-33-37.png
311 KB, 960x540
Godzilla NES

Yes it's a Creepypasta, but it is amazing
>>
>>7617782
whoa spooky
>>
>>7617777

The Rats In The Walls.

Nigger-man.
>>
The Events at Poroth Farm is the spookiest modern horror story I've read.
My favourite Poe is props Ligeia. Pickman's Model was the spookiest Lovecraft.
House of Leaves had me shit scarred for a while too.
>>
Who /ambrose bierce/ here?
Also nice quads, OP
>>
>>7617826
He's alright but I always get the feeling he was trying to ape Poe's action stories like Descent into the Maelstrom.
The Devil's Dictionary had a few good chuckles in it, but really dragged out too long to be side-splittingly funny.
>>
>>7617834
His collection is huge though. I think you'll find some absolutely first rate fiction if you take the time to slog through it.
>>
>>7617806
>>7617811
For me a tie between The Rats In the Walls (I read it when I was sixteen and I've been too afraid to read it again) and House of Leaves (maybe just for the scene with the bookshelf, and the hidden revelation that the house is sentient and malicious.
>>
>>7617777
>tfw you read Poe in grade school and find him haunting, but nothing special
>tfw you read Poe scholarship at Uni and realize what a literary genius he was, then feel bad that his reputation rests on his spooky little ghost stories and eccentric habits.
>>
>>7617777
Shadow over Innsmouth, The Clown Puppet by Ligotti, and the Yellow Sign by Chambers. All short stories in collections which are great, but those three are the best of the bunch imo. ..make my stomach turn
>>
It may not be a short story, but the website False Positive has a bunch of supernatural-ish comics, not sure if that'd be your thing though.
>>
Ambrose Bierce for the win

also I had a Roald Dahl-curated collection of ghost stories that was hella good, if you can find that you're set
>>
File: 1451334668365.jpg (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1451334668365.jpg
21 KB, 300x300
>>7619370
The Rats In the Walls was excellent.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.