[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the happy medium in expressing your ideas/opinions/conclusions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
What's the happy medium in expressing your ideas/opinions/conclusions between blatantly listing them through a character and symbolism?

I don't know any other ways; tips, recs anything

please

(i don't know who the girl in pic is)
>>
Who... oh.
>>
File: 1367008804481.jpg (107 KB, 540x572) Image search: [Google]
1367008804481.jpg
107 KB, 540x572
write the world as you see it and your views will seep in
>>
>>7612996
I do that, but it seems almost too subtle. Any good recs on lit that does just that?
>>
>>7612986
I think you can go about sharing your opinions as blatantly as possible, so long as you write well.
See Tolstoy for example.
>>
>>7613017
what if you dont have 'views'?
>>
>>7612986
Read Ayn Rand then do exactly the opposite
>>
>>7612986
the girl in the pic is s4n4, she used to be on tumblr but deleted her account. her pics survive where they have been reblogged or hosted elsewhere.
>>
>>7612986
delete this picture. girls are too distracting
>>
>>7612986
First write an interesting story. How exactly you choose to express the ideas important to you will depend on the tone you want to take in the writing. For example, having a character who has a point of view, or has the opposite point of view, or exists in a world dominated by a given point of view, etc. But no matter what, those characters and that world need to be interesting, or you've already failed. Write a novel, not an essay.
>>
>>7612986

Show your views in action. The entire narrative should be an explicit demonstration of what you're trying to say.
>>
>When the ass is so big you can see it from the front.
>>
>>7613021
Live some more life and then come back.
>>
>>7613128
>Check out her page for more pics.
>Annnnnnnnnnnnd it's all SJW bullshit.

Great. What a time to be alive.
>>
"There are lots of ways to convey information to a reader," said anon.

"But those ways are stupid," complained OP. "I don't like those ways."

Anon picked up a silver vial, representing OP's hopes and dreams, and dropped it on the floor, crushing it beneath his boot. OP winced.

"A writer who does not use all of the available means of conveying information is like a painter with only one shade of paint. Only a master can do it artfully, and you are no master. A sunset is nothing without the contrasting shadow."

OP sprang out of his chair as if he had been set on fire. His reaction implied and reinforced anon's opinion. OP ran over to the window and leaped out into the abyss.

"I'm SORRRRRYYYYYY!"
>>
>>7613021
You do, you're just being intellectually dishonest with yourself and pretending not to have them.
>>
File: haha dawg.png (153 KB, 230x300) Image search: [Google]
haha dawg.png
153 KB, 230x300
>>7614634
> His reaction implied and reinforced anon's opinion.

pretty good desu
>>
>>7614634
I like it /lit/.
>>
mock the views
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.