[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>'There is no sound more peaceful than rain on the roof,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Anne_Tyler_photogr_3189064b.jpg (97 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
Anne_Tyler_photogr_3189064b.jpg
97 KB, 620x387
>'There is no sound more peaceful than rain on the roof, if you're safe asleep in someone else's house.'

What do you guys think of Anne Tyler?
>>
>that asinine quote
>female "writing"
>>
>>7612374
comfy af
>>
>>7612374
>in someone else's house
Not even memeing but this is such a feminine thing to write
>>
glad there's consensus that that was a p bad quote
>>
>>7612374
>>7612382
Maybe its more sinister than meets the eye?
>>
>>7612382
yeah, i was like dude, i don't find the sound of rain peaceful in someone else's house, since the reason i'm staying at someone else's house is either than i'm on vacation and rain is gonna fuck it up, or i'm traveling for work and rain is gonna make everything that much more of a pain in the ass...then i was like "oh, she's a chick, so of course when she's sleeping at someone else's house it means she just ate a bunch of free food and got her pussy pounded" yeah i guess that must be pretty comfy but as a man i don't have that privilege
>>
>>7612397
if the cops come while it's raining it's just gonna make escaping out the back even shittier....so no not really getting a sinister vibe sorry...on the other hand i did read a story in paris review once were some chick went to steal something and got stuck in a rain storm and hid in some random parked truck and tried to sleep, and paris review only publishes "literary" shiest so maybe it's like a reference to some antique shit that we didn't read, or maybe it's just bad writing by a bad author
>>
>>7612397
That bothered me at first but she looks like such a sweet grandma type, not some spoopy creepypasta character.
>>
How is this dizzy broad hearing the rain if she's asleep
>>
>>7612413
>maybe it's just bad writing by a bad author

oh, quick google reveals she's a plebitzer price winning author of "best selling novels", well now that that's cleared up, fuck this thread
>>
File: 1358798255315.jpg (51 KB, 317x265) Image search: [Google]
1358798255315.jpg
51 KB, 317x265
>>7612419
>>
File: sweating man.png (88 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
sweating man.png
88 KB, 250x250
>>7612374
>someone else's house.'
ruined it
>>
>>7612379
>>7612382
>>7612393
>>7612403
>>7612422

>hating on based Anne Tyler and her absolutely comfy masterpieces

kill yourselves YA faggots
>>
>>7612374
I relate to the feel but I don't see how it's a great quote
>>
Both quote and author are unremarkable, neither bad enough to mock or good enough to praise. Pretty confused by the thread
>>
>>7612374
>implying i can hear the sound of rain when I'm fucking asleep
>implying sleeping at someone else's house is not vastly inferior to sleeping at your own hosue
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.