[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never read any McCarthy and want to give him a shot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: cormac_mccarthy.jpg (35 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
cormac_mccarthy.jpg
35 KB, 512x512
I've never read any McCarthy and want to give him a shot as I've heard nothing but unanimous praise of his writing and have loved every film adaptation of his work I've seen. What's the best place to start? (Not necessarily his best work, but the best place to start.)

I've read plenty of classic literature and am no stranger to literary fiction, just haven't read any of his stuff. I have Blood Meridian and have half a mind to just start there.
>>
Child of God, The Road and No Country for Old Men are the lightest reads.

Blood Meridian is the best and you might as well just read it, but it's dense and a lot of people have false starts with it.

I'd start with Outer Dark desu. It's far from his most praised but it's a good foundation for his style, themes and erection for Faulkner.
>>
>>7608166
yoooo
>>
border trilogy
>>
>>7608166
Only stuff of his I've read is The Road, but my favourite film is No Country For Old Men.

The Road is very, very good imo. It's depressing as well, and not in a meme way, it's genuinely horrifying some of the shit the father and his son have to go through.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.