[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grammar Help Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: o5okjitd56ura1udv15n[1].png (547 KB, 490x490) Image search: [Google]
o5okjitd56ura1udv15n[1].png
547 KB, 490x490
>A thick slurry of lava ran from its severed iron arteries, sheared by towering spires of burning rock, in heavy cascades that bled over warped struts of metal and stone.

Does this sentence make sense? I'm trying to say the iron is cut in two, and not the lava. Despite being okay at writing, I guess, I feel like I'm really bad with proper grammar sometimes. I'd appreciate if anyone could pass along some resources.
>>
This really sounds like a genre fiction rough draft.
>>
lava .....ran in heavy cascades ... warped the metal and stone

commas are for separating these things into different parts, if you put them in it would be lava got cut up rock and bled over the metal and stone
>>
>>7604814
Overwritten nonsense. I'll give it a completely unqualified try.
>Magma bled slowly from where the iron fixture separated in two, flotsam rock formations a perpetual drool sediment decorating its passage.
There are your two halves, the clearly defined subject and then the pointless wank after it.
>>
>>7604840
Weren't you just complaing OPs segment was overwritten? I'm surprised you didn't fit pontine in your post.
>>
>>7604859
Did you read the post or what
>>
>>7604865
Yeah, then I read it again. You sound just as bad the second time. You were rather eager. If you didn't want to stroke yourself you would have just amended the OP. Instead you felt a need to insult the original poster while also making an attempt to impress everyone with a superior version. You are an unhelpful cunt.
>>
wow talk about ego and its own
>>
>>7604875
How did you miss the part where I called myself unqualified and the second half of it pointless wank?
>>
>>7604832
Commasbare also for asides.
>>
>>7604880
Amateur misdirection. Constructing a fallback.
>>
>From its severed iron arteries, sheared by towering spires of burning rock, a thick slurry of lava ran in heavy cascades that bled over warped struts of metal and stone.

Much better.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.