[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw the /lit/ archive is gone >Forever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3
File: in rain.jpg (86 KB, 615x407) Image search: [Google]
in rain.jpg
86 KB, 615x407
>tfw the /lit/ archive is gone
>Forever
>>
>Newfriends will never know the superhuman glory of D&E's trolling
>Newpals will never laugh at Sunhawk's reading habits again
>Newbuddies will never see the original Pinecone threads
>Newchums from this point forward will always know /lit/ as that place where people complain about a Reddit invasion

Which is the greater nightmare, death... or life?
>>
wait is it really gone forever? where can i find announcements about it?
>>
>>7597803
On the archive
>>
>>7597804
oh you
>>
>>7597784
yes ! all my posts are deleted forever !!!
>>
>>7597800
>the beginning of /lit/s oral tradition

There is something beautifully literary about this. Why don't you tell us some stories?
>>
>>7597807
I fucking hate you
>>
where is butters??
>>
>>7597819
I can't believe fags like you unironically exist
>>
>>7597814
I spent a decent amount of time a few years back scanning through old threads. The Pinecone Shakespeare stuff was interesting. I am sure that is saved though, as I have seen plenty of screenshots/copy pastes.
>>
>>7597800
>D&E's trolling
What is this?

>Pinecone threads
which Pope was supposed to be Shakespeare again? And where in Finnegans wake did that one author try to claim it was?

Sad news overall, I have been here for probably 5 years or so, but sporadically.
>>
>>7597807
>If I wanted actual discussion I would go to Reddit.
No wonder the memes have been so shitty lately, reddit kiddies think constant repetition is hilarious
>>
>>7597835
it's pretty pathetic
>>
>>7597800
>implying autists haven't gone full Fahrenheit 451 on the essential memes and memorized them character for character
>>
>>7597807
Please be a troll
If not:
your kind is ruining this board. I'm not just blaming redditors, but you faggots who decided to just "come here for the memes" and memepost all the time. We used to actually discuss literature some of the time, now it's nearly impossible.
>>
>>7597854
>>7597800
Should we begin to devise a canon for /lit/ memes in order ensure that they last forever?
>>
>tfw I didn't bother to save my rare OC copypastas because they would be up on warosu

And now it's apparently gone? Mixed feelings
On the one hand, we can post "original" stuff and we can be relatively sure that we can re-use it without anyone noticing

On the other hand, the past is gone

But warosu will be back in 5 minutes I guess
>>
>>7597807
No, you won't. This is /lit/ and you'll read whatever the fuck we tell you to read. You plebs are so deluded that you actually think that you enjoy the works you're reading on a bimonthly basis. Until you start with the greeks (and yes this means learning ancient greek you lazy fucking pleb) and work your way up to Emerson or Swinburne, you aren't even qualified to use the word "enjoyment" in reference to an artistic work of poetry. You don't know what the fuck it means, your lexicography of the rabble has diminished that adjective into something that can be used both to describe a towering monument to western culture and a coca cola.

Get the fuck out and don't come back until you know at least eight languages, one of which is latin and three of which are completely dead. Then, maybe we'll conndescend to reply to you.
>>
File: 1377395240342.png (462 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1377395240342.png
462 KB, 640x480
wait ... really?
I actually browsed the archive more often than /lit/ itself...
>>
>>7597863
No, because all those memes are already my property.
>>
>>7597870
>he's saved the copypasta

Our savior!
>>
copypasta general?

avid reader?
>>
>>7597881
Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on 4chan by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is 4chan. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it...
>>
>>7597863
I believe that's called 'The Legacy of Totalitarianism in a Tundra'

You laughed back then

You all laughed

But who has the memes now?
>>
>>7597925
Those who desperately cling to the memes of the past wont so much as see what is yet to come.
>>
>>7597962
Those who forget the memes of the past are doomed to repeat them
>>
>>7597800
>>Newpals will never laugh at Sunhawk's reading habits again
Sigh. I secretly harbor my own conspiracy theory that Sunhawk exposed his trip on purpose so he could go out in a blaze of glory
>>
As much as I'll miss the archive I agree there's something nice about /lit/ history being preserved through second-hand accounts and the occasional screenshot.
>>
>>7597894
>>7597870
tiptopity memes brothers. O yes o yes! Woo woot!

What time timity is it now? Why it is thee time for thine's hapestance! Thats right good lads, we are to be what we are not to be, and that is the question! O yip yip woot woot! Upboat and beaterims, and jimmies.
>>
>>7597993
its more post-modern this way.

Not like it matters though. Lit's main purpose is memes, and Reddit is still better.
>>
This is very disappointing actually. I had a lot of writings posted to 4chan in assurance the archive was backing them up for me.

I wrote a lot of good posts about Pynchon and Faulkner. Shame
>>
>>7598008
>Lit's main purpose is memes, and Reddit is still better.
If you really think that, you should leave and stay on reddit

your kind is not needed here
>>
>>7598027
just because the server is dead doesn't mean the data is lost. just gotta wait for the admin to update and let us know.
>>
>>7597784
The server went down while the host was on vacation. An announcement on the cached site said that it'll be back on the 20th. So no, it's not gone forever.
>>
>>7598053
>""""""vacation""'''''

All he needs where he's goin is a bag of helium
>>
>>7598066
Is he going to clown school to learn how to make balloon animals?
>>
>>7597982
Those who remember them repeat them as well
>>
File: o-RICHARD-DAWKINS-facebook.jpg (219 KB, 1536x1024) Image search: [Google]
o-RICHARD-DAWKINS-facebook.jpg
219 KB, 1536x1024
>>7597982
>>
This actually sucks pretty bad, whenever I discover an author I would always search on the archive and see what's been said about them.
>>
jesus christ, everyone ITT needs to return to reddit. 4chan is NOT an archive where you keep track of individual users' posts and threads over time.
>>
>>7597982
We indeed memed with pasta unto repetition: but he that cometh after us is mightier than we, whose keks we are not worthy to hear: he shall meme with Holy Meme Magick, and with OC:
>>
>>7597858
It's /tv/ overspill. I seriously think they've destroyed this place.
>>
>tfw I had the original >he doesn't read footnotes thread bookmarked and read it every few weeks

But seriously I used to use the archive a lot to check for older book recs/discussions.

There is also a bit archived on 4ch.be (like 3 months or so, only thumbnails)
>>
What the fuck is wrong with you fags? You guys actually read the archive?

Imageboard posts are meant to be ephemeral. That's something of the only appeal of an imageboard, that it exists solely as the activity of its users, that its jokes and content and culture only survive by being reposted. If you weren't there for it, it's gone.

tl;dr good fucking riddance
>>
>>7598399
This is correct. Of course there were hundreds of high quality posts, playful witty banter and fierce rebuttals, all of which much better than what's currently on the front page. So what? Much like life itself, /lit/'s beauty is its impermanence.

Tears in the rain, and all that.
>>
>>7598399
>>7598440

but this
>>7598142
>>
>>7598440
>reads books
>"lol I don't want to be able to read something"

ok
>>
This is pretty sad if true. I rely on the archive to copy and paste my dozen or so pastas pretty much every day. It's not the same paraphrased. I will live a good life at your expense.
>>
>>7598460
With the Reddit influx, you are will not be devoid of Pasta material.
>>
>>7598399

What the fuck is wrong with you fags? You guys actually read books?

Speech is meant to be ephemeral. That's something of the only appeal of a language, that it exists solely as the activity of its speakers, that its jokes and content and culture only survive by being retold orally. If you weren't there for it, it's gone.

tl;dr good fucking riddance
>>
>>7598462
I don't understand what you mean.
>>
>>7598465
Redditors say stupid things and make good pasta. Case in point - "How I read. 1) remember most people don't read so 5 pages is 5 more than them, etc." As long as they come to the board you will get more material.
>>
>>7598392
>>he doesn't read footnotes thread
an utter classic
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.