[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Station Eleven
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
Excellent novels you'd like to recommend to other people

I remember reading this last year and I still think about it.
>>
>>7588637
I was exposed to Hans Fallada mid 2015, started with Alone In Berlin and then The Drinker. All translated from German and all so beautiful and fucking depressing, just how I like my lit.
>>
>>7588637

I liked this book a lot. If you're into female authors writing about the theater, I picked up Eleanor Catton's "The Rehearsal" off of a rec from this board and enjoyed the hell out of it. Lot of the same themes of life as theater and life mimicking art (and vice versa).

I also read Kent Haruf's "Our Souls at Night" off of this board - one of the few books I've ever read in a single setting. Beautiful book about two widowed old people that start spending nights together in the same bed, reflecting about their lives in a small town. Not Station Eleven... but I liked it a lot.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.