[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Why was this book so damn good? General post-apocalypse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 2033.jpg (219 KB, 959x1500) Image search: [Google]
2033.jpg
219 KB, 959x1500
ITT: Why was this book so damn good?
General post-apocalypse discussion thread.
>>
The vidya sucked desu
>>
>>7588320
No, desu. Pls an hero, faget.
>>
>>7588320
Oh please the vidya was excellent
>>
>OP requests book discussion
>discussion revolves around the video game based on the book instead
>/lit/ is for the discussion of literature
>>
I actually have this at home, is it worth reading?
>>
I've said this before but I feel like I should warn people that the English translation by Natasha Randall is DOGSHIT.
>>
Is the book legit good ? The games were the first FPS I enjoyed playing in a while, but I don't want to waste time on an average book.
>>
>>7588830
I like it but it's pretty damn genre. Unless you could see yourself reading a book just for the worldbuilding don't bother.
>>
>>7588775
>>7588830
Its a good read, nothing too challenging but it is grim, detailed and keeps your interest in the story. I tired the game after reading it but it wasn't my cup0tea.
>>
>>7588314
The way The Metro is depicted is very atmospheric and the book does a good job of making it literally feel alive in my opinion. Game was shit tho desu.
>>
File: Breton feel.png (47 KB, 742x661) Image search: [Google]
Breton feel.png
47 KB, 742x661
>>7588845
>>7588847
Ok thanks, I think I'll get it to have something to read for when I'm tired as fuck and can't concentrate on "real" litterature or non-fiction.

Is the russian setting well developped ? as in : not a copy-pasted generic post-apo novel with blyadj and cyka added for the couleur locale ?
>>
>>7588314

Book was fantastic
Game was good
Sequel was shit
>>
>>7589177

>Is the russian setting well developed?

Yes, the Russian setting is well developed and the author understands post-soviet Russian society with its ethnic tensions and language is pretty spot on.
>>
>>7589177
It's written by a moscovite
>>
File: orthodoxie.jpg (138 KB, 641x640) Image search: [Google]
orthodoxie.jpg
138 KB, 641x640
>>7589210
Oh nice.

>>7589217
I know, but that doesn't really mean much.
>>
ITT: vidya game books?

How is the witcher series, worth a read?
>>
is the game and the book pretty much the same plot-wise?
>>
>>7589662
Try Destiny, by bungie, I've heard it was fun.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.