[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
From this list, what should I read next?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 879da202.jpg (31 KB, 658x659) Image search: [Google]
879da202.jpg
31 KB, 658x659
I just finished Lolita , and before that My Struggle Vol. 1. Loved both, in different ways, equally.

Now, from the following list, which book do you recommend that I should read next?

(Multiple selections totally ok)

1. My Struggle, Vol. 2. Knausgaard
2. Blood Meridian. McCarthy
3. Gravity's Rainbow. Pynchon
4. Moby Dick. Melville
5. Snuff. Pelevin
6. Mythology. Hamilton (Prelude to The Greeks)
7. The Pale King. Wallace
8. Finnegans Wake. Joyce
9. War and Peace. Tolstoy
10. The Prague Cemetery. Eco
11. The Old Man and the Sea. Hemingway
12. The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire (Penguin Classics). Gibbon

Thanks in advance!
>>
I dunno, Moby Dick?
>>
>>7587767
>fallling for this many memes
>>
Blood Meridian

Skip Finnegan's Wake
>>
File: more_to_life.jpg (214 KB, 746x718) Image search: [Google]
more_to_life.jpg
214 KB, 746x718
>>7587803

I know, I know...

Any other book that you'd like to recommend is ok too, even if it's not on the list.
>>
My struggle volume 2
>>
File: 1422774862292.jpg (279 KB, 1161x837) Image search: [Google]
1422774862292.jpg
279 KB, 1161x837
>>7587798

Thanks!

What would be your second pick?
>>
>>7587824

As above, any second picks?
>>
Take Finnegans Wake off your list until you know enough about literature not to come running to /lit/ to make your reading decisions for you. Also, you're going to end up reading all of those anyway, what order you do it in matters less. Time spent waiting for a consensus of underread teenagers with overinflated egos to form could be better spent making a start on one of those 11 (excl. FW).
>>
>>7587886

Thanks for that.

I kinda thought about that, regarding FW, but I wanted to read it at least once from a totally ignorant position to see what it appeared to be, and then to re-read it once I was "ready" for it.

(I have always enjoyed reading a paper that is a bit too advanced for me, and then reading it again once more at a time when it makes total sense)
>>
>>7587916

FW is barely comprehansible really. read as much as the first paragraph and you will understand what's it about.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.