[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mein Kampf
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: A9DGvPp.jpg (244 KB, 835x773) Image search: [Google]
A9DGvPp.jpg
244 KB, 835x773
What's your honest opinion about this book?
>>
Kampfy as hell.
>>
>>7586550
Kampfy as hell.
>>
I don't think many people consider Hitler as an intellectual. Its the 1930s version of Eliot Rogers manifesto basically
>>
>>7586550
poor man's mishima
>>
>>7586579
>Its the 1930s version of Eliot Rogers manifesto basically
minus any of the unintentional humor.
>>
File: uhhh.jpg (1 MB, 1514x1337) Image search: [Google]
uhhh.jpg
1 MB, 1514x1337
>>7586550
33% race, 33% nationalism, 33% name-calling, 1% worth it.
There's not much going for it,"blah-blah conspiracy against the Germans, blah-blah it's the Jews behind it, blah-blah survival of the race, blah-blah manipulating the masses needs their consent, blah-blah the nation ought to be a source of identity for the people, blah-blah etcetera crap". 95% of the time he just throws he's conclusions at you (with accompanying name-calling at the opposite party) and only 5% of the time he gives you his deductive reasoning which is of coarse based on nothing but nationalism, race and other assorted spooks.
I thought better of him before reading this literary trite. Save yourself the time and just watch a youtube video of him yelling/giving a speech in German without subtitles and it'll be more worth it.
Oh can't forget, "blah-blah starving artist, blah-blah just wanna be a NEET". Serious. He was not a very smart man.
>>
>>7586553
>>7586565
hivemind
>>
>>7586550
Badly written historically significant overly long and ponderous manifesto of an individual who also happened to be possibly the greatest public speaker in the last 500 years.
>>
>>7586550
My honest opinion is that it is a manipulated primary source from one of the most important individuals in history who, for all of his other faults, was not particularly talented as lovely prose. However, it doesn't seem particularly insane, and minimally humanizes someone who has been vilified into a symbolic representation of Evil. I think it's important for anyone lacking an understanding of Nazism beyond "evil white people."
>>
>>7586743
Also a waste of money, I bought it when I was like 17 and got through half of it.
>>
>>7586746
I downloaded audiobook. And listened to all of it when ennui struck.
>>
>>7586744
>history doesn't appeal to my world view so I change it or ignore aspects that are unpalatable.

Read hitlers table talks.
>>
>>7586752
I wanna read his pillow talk desu.
>>
>>7586610
Tl;dr
>>
>>7586826
blah blah race, nationalism, identity politics, mass manipulation.
Cngrats, youve read the book now you faggot.
>>
Not good. He just rambles, repeats himself, and makes a bunch of declarative statements with no context or real argument. Truly poor writing.
>>
>>7586550
Trashy. Literally just him bitching for like 600 pages.
>>
>>7586610

Although I'm not a Nazi, nor am I an avid fan of Ripley, Patricia Highsmith was absolutely stunning. At least to me.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.