[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/lit/, what book should I read if I am seeking to find redemptive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: kingdom of god.jpg (98 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
kingdom of god.jpg
98 KB, 540x540
/lit/, what book should I read if I am seeking to find redemptive value in evil? To explain more, I am expecting to experience political oppression, and potential systematic extermination in a concentration camp, within a year or so. I say this because my studies of environmental science, have informed me that Earth is actually undergoing the 6th mass extinction, and it is undergoing abrupt climate change. The head of Cambridge's Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics, Peter Wadhams, has said that Arctic methane emissions, are so severe, that consequent absorption of solar radiation, will warm the interiors of large continents in a way that will inflict agricultural yield deficits.

Realistic group conflict theory states that in times of resource scarcity, human populations divide themselves into in-group, and out-group, and exterminate all out-group members to enable in-group members greater levels of consumption of scarce resources.

So I expect to be an out-group member. I am inspired by Saint Maximilian Kolbe's death in Auschwitz. I have just completed a short book written with the intention of decreasing as much fear as possible in as many readers as possible, to decrease the severity of impending extermination of out-group members. The book's main focus is on philosophy and spirituality. My journalist friend is currently giving it a proper editorial start.

So what book should I read in preparing for entering into the darkest of darkness, with my faith in, and love of God still intact? The book that I just wrote, was already all about that, but I'm looking for another example in fiction, something to base my life experience off.
>>
if you're going to shitpost at least learn how to properly use commas FFS
>>
>>7580077
If you're going to post in a book suggestion thread, at least leave a book suggestion.
>>
the satanic bible by anton La Vey
>>
any more suggestions /lit/?
>>
File: grammar-book1.jpg (93 KB, 359x450) Image search: [Google]
grammar-book1.jpg
93 KB, 359x450
>>7580145
>>
>>7580544
Suggestions beyond grammar explanation?
>>
>>7580592
yeah, kill yourself
>>
>>7580069
Paladin Press.
>>
>>7580609
Don't you see? We have ALREADY killed ourselves. You're in the same sinking ship as me. You will be dead soon my friend.

Relative to the global average temperature, human emissions have already LOCKED IN, 4 degrees centigrade increase. At 4 C all we can prepare for is extinction. "On a planet 4C hotter, all we can prepare for is extinction" - Oliver Tickell, Guardian Article, August 10 2008.

Global average temperature is predicted to increase more than 4 C by 2030, and 10 C by 2040, BASED MERELY ON CH4 release in Arctic latitudes.

2. A recently published study in Science Advances states, unequivocally, that the planet has officially entered its sixth mass extinction event. The study shows that species are already being killed off at rates much faster than they were during the other five extinction events, and warns ominously that humans could very likely be among the first wave of species to go extinct."

Source: "Accelerated modern human–induced species losses: Entering the sixth mass extinction" Ceballos, Ehrlich, Barnosky, 2015.
>>
>>7580650
who cares
>>
>>7580662
You visit 4chan do you? So you must value 4chan to some extent, indicating you care about it. Your access to 4chan would not be possible where it not for the existence of those who moderate the site, and those who maintain the internet databases that it depends on. Additionally the rare earth materials needed to be dug from the dying earth by yet more humans, on whom you depend for your access to 4chan.

And that's just 4chan. Food, water, electricity, oil, gasoline, etc., all come to you from the combined efforts of other humans, on whom you depend for the life you lead now. You care. And if you say you don't, then I ask of you what you've asked me: kill yourself. Only then would you prove you don't care. And even then you would still indicate you care, because you would have gone as far as to kill yourself to "prove" you don't care. And that means you care. You can't win. mwuaahahaha
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.