[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Oedipa settled back, to await the crying of lot 49 fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (126 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126 KB, 1024x683
>Oedipa settled back, to await the crying of lot 49

fucking really? I dropped it there
>>
You aren't funny
>>
Movie?
>>
>>7574829
Pic is Madmen
>>
>We penetrated deeper and deeper into the heart of darkness

HACK
A
C
K
>>
>>7574816

Did Pete reading CoL49 have any actual significance besides, "this was a book at the time"?
>>
>>7574854
http://mikedellaquila.blogspot.com/2012/05/why-hell-is-peter-campbell-reading.html?m=1
>>
you skipped an entire period?
>>
>>7574872

oh okay.
>>
>>7574854
Pete dreams of being a great writer
>>
>I opened my mailbox, only to find the scarlet letter.
Remind me why this is taught in high school?
>>
>Call me Moby Dick

I mean SERIOUSLY?
>>
>>7574872
this t-t-t-t-b-h
but honestly the whole show is about Draper and others vs. the rise of counterculture, which itself is basically one strain of popularized postmodernism, so
make of that what you will
the connection isnt that hard to make
>>
>standing in front of the firing squad, buendia ready for 100 years of solitude

Por favor, marquez!
>>
>>7574872
Man, I really thought that would be interesting when I first opened it.
>>
Can anyone convince me to like Pynchon?
>>
>>7575343
if you need to be convinced, you are a shit taste faggot.
>>
>>7575403
Whoa, way to bully.
Instead of being able to convince me all you could do was throw insults. What does that say about your knowledge of the books you claim to read?
>>
>>7575421
Reddit
>>
>>7575421
read the fucking books

they are good. you should understand this when you read them. do you really need people on the internet to help you like something?

are you able to form your own fucking opinions?
>>
>>7575428
Im not going to waste the however many hours it takes to read his diarrheal paper weights if it's not worth it.
Jesus. I forgot that /lit/ doesn't actually read anymore, it's just one big giant meme factory.
>>
>>7575343
Read Mason & Dixon. Read V.
>>
>>7575434
This post is literally a meme and coincidentally, reddit
>>
>>7575434
>comes on /lit/
>gets told to read good books
>complains instead
>tries saying /lit/ doesn't read

you are utter garbage.
>>
>>7575434
>refuse to read books of an author he wants into, even though that is literally the only way to like an author
>next sentence accuse /lit/ of not reading

0/10 guy
>>
'Hey Jude!' The obscure figure reminded him of the ever distant dream ignited at The Brown House.
>>
>But I'm already eating out of the trashcan, you see?
>My name's Zizek and this is The Sublime Object of Ideology.
This is the worst.
>>
File: V.jpg (48 KB, 297x500) Image search: [Google]
V.jpg
48 KB, 297x500
>>7575343
V. is one of the most fun I've had reading. GR is insane in a way thats charming and surreal. Ordered Mason & Dixon, and have high hopes for it.

Inherent Vice is pretty gud as well.
>>
>>7574816
isn't that the last sentence tho-
o i c wat u did thar
>>
>>7574934
Isn't that Ken?
>>
>And in the end, I laid back, and opened the book
>It was called Pictures of DFW

Seriously Ishmael? For fuck's sake.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.