[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whom here knows what to become a grammar Nazi? The tips, tricks,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 680x473) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 680x473
Whom here knows what to become a grammar Nazi?

The tips, tricks, faqs? I'm virtually quick study.
>>
>>7574580
Yeah, pay attention in class and come back when you meet the age requirement.
>>
Find some arbitrary rules like split infinitives or the serial comma and demand that they be adhered to strictly. Copyedit any text you can find with your fussy personal sentence structures, especially casual texts from friends and family.
>>
>>7574660
Arbitrary rules were found, some, such the like as infinitives (splitted), commas regular and serial, also known (AKA) as oxford, generally capitalized: Oxford, and, as to be suggested, demand all adhered to forever strictess.
>>
for bump
>>
Who, the word you are looking for is who. Not whom.
Whom is used as possessive i,e Whom owns that hat? The hat belongs to her.
>>
don't bother, unless people explicitly wants you to proof-read their stuff
>>
>>7574580
Tip: "whom" is objective case, and should never be used as the subject of a sentence.
>>
>>7574998
That's wrong, dongus.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.