[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dear /lit/, I have been with you guys for a little over a year,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2
File: 1410902804939_1404762352776.jpg (11 KB, 213x480) Image search: [Google]
1410902804939_1404762352776.jpg
11 KB, 213x480
Dear /lit/, I have been with you guys for a little over a year, and I really enjoyed this board for what it was: discussions of literature, however since a flock of redditors and new people came to this board and just shitposted none stop of everything not /lit/, I will have to say goodbye. I'll check back in a few months but until then good luck trying to fix this piece of shit board up. It was a nice board. Hopefully you guys can get it together so it won't be like /pol/ or /tv/. Anyhow if you see a post that is not lit ignore it or say not literature not lit.
>>
Been posting here for two years, and I don't see a problem. It's the same threads we've always had, about the same books and authors. I think you're just one guy trying to stir up shit 'cause he's bored.
>>
OK, see you tomorrow anon.
>>
>>7573324
I've only been here since September, but the quality of the posts have gotten worse in December, and are probably only going to get worse
>>
>>7573308
See you in an hour, or else you're going to miss out on the best thread posted in months.
>>
Why are a bunch of redditors coming on this board? Did something happen on reddit?
>>
>>7573308
OP I think long time members of this board already left. They wouldn't have given into the shitposts like they have been if they were still here. Anyways, I'm probably going to leave too. Redditors/plebs ruined every with their shitty YA and none related /lit/ posts
>>
Ignore / hide /sage /report all shit threads. Start good threads. Do your part to make lit better
>>
The frog posters are even worse
>>
>>7573308
>reddit influx
>fearing it'll become like /pol/ or /tv/

you what m9? Those two boards only talk about cuckolding, jews, blacks, and 'degeneracy'.
>>
>>7573308
>Dear /lit/, I have been with you guys for a little over a year

So you came with the /r9k/ influx. Good riddance
>>
>>7573442
I think my becoming like /pol/ and /tv/ he meant how no one on /tv/ talks about film. They used to act on discuss films like art but now they're all shit posts. Same with with /pol/ they had political debates but now it's just shitposts
>>
>>7573481
Fuck I'm on mobile. Please excuse the spelling errors
>>
>>7573481
ah, I see. What does reddit want to talk about? What posts abound right now that are not literature related? Besides this one? What are the common themes
>>
>>7573446
Even if OP was from the /r9k/ influx, he still been here longer than a ton of people and knew the board well enough to see it go to shit
>>
>>7573492
People have been saying this for the +5 years I've been here.

Either I have single-handedly ruined the board or it was always shit.
>>
>>7573489
Mostly blogs, John Green, YA, Genre-fiction. I reported some while that I saw but just gross through it the whole board, it's nothing like how it used to be
>>
>>7573502
I think you're making this up, mio familia
>>
>>7573499
Yeah okay but IMO i have to admit the quality of the posts in December to right now is the worse I've ever seen it tbqh senpai and I've been here 2 and a half years
>>
>>7573515
You must be joking, look at the board.
>>
>>7573526
There was a /pol/ influx about a year ago where there was nothing but race-bait, woman-hate threads, links to feminist blogs to get outraged about, innumerable "Why is Marx so shit?"-threads, posts about degeneracy and how faggots are mentally ill, etc.

I'll take literature related trash like John Green, YA, genre-fiction etc. over that. Not that I'm seeing any of those threads on the board right now.
>>
I say we nuke it. Anyone who disagree is a pleb from Reddit. You cannot argue that the posts right now on this very board has always been like this. Please 4chan delete the board.
>>
>>7573355
The "/lit/ Top 100" and Hypershere both hit the Reddit frontpage within weeks of each other.
>>
>>7573342
They haven't though
Stop smoking weed
>>
>>7573567
All me :)

I'm sick of this Marxist board, so what better way to get you to self-implode by introducing le liberal leddit contingent.

Soon you'll be redpilled like the rest of the boards on 4chan :)
>>
>>7573550
Just a few, I'm on mobile so it's a bitch trying to get all of them
>>7573247
>>7573000
>>7572647
>>7572167
>>
>>7573308
"not literature not lit"
>>
>>7573583
>literature threads
>on a literature board
Wow you really proved your point there sport
>>
>>7573550

>>7570931
>>
>>7573604
>he thinks these bait threads haven't always existed
You're supposed to hide how new you are, remember?
>>
>>7573599
They are not in anyway related to literature. I gave you examples of this shit and you said you didn't see them so I showed you and now you are saying they are literature. Please die.
>>
>>7573612
But the guy is right, the whole board is a shitpost now, I could handle a few but it's the whole thing.
>>
>>7573616
>literature blogs aren't literature
>interactive fiction isn't literature
You're an idiot.
The only one I'll agree with you on is the Phil Elverum thread but it's dead anyways.
>>
>>7573619
Go back to reddit if you think it's so bad here
>>
>>7573577
Go back to reddit
>>
>>7573628
Never been on reddit.
>>
>>7573612
Even if they were bait threads (which they clearly are) it still wouldn't really be egregious if a few people on an imageboard dedicated to literature took enjoyment in something the rest found sophomoric.

I'm sure there are people making and posting omelettes on /ck/ too instead of some sophisticated French-sounding dish with expensive ingredients. That's not to say there is not a difference in quality, though, but /lit/ is -- and always has been -- too pleb to be elitist
>>
The reason it's so bad is because you faggots talk about the same books all the time
>hurr have you guys read this book that is talked about everyday? what did you think of it?
If you don't want shitposting just scroll the archive for the rest of your life. All the discussion you could possibly want is in there.
>>
>>7573623
YA is not literature. Genre fiction is not literature. Blogs are not literature. Go back to reddit
>>
>coming to 4chan for serious discussion and not just memery and shitposting

back to
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>7573642
All of those things are literature
>>
>>7573658
NOT TO ME THEY AREN'T
>>
>>7573639
Yes your right it's always been pleb but the quality of posts in the last few months have been horrid. Sure there was shit posts but now it's like the whole board is clogged with them. I'd say this board was pretty pretentious but it was still decent but now I think I'll look for a new site for awhile
>>
>>7573658
They aren't.
>>
>>7573640
lel this.

>DFW
>Nietzsche
>Schopenhauer (only his two pages on women)
>Gravity's Rainbow
>Lolita
>Brothers Karamazov

Every day for 7 years
>>
>>7573658
Kek

Go back to reddit faggot
>>
>>7573682
This guy is right. Still, reddit fucked it up more than it already was. Occasionally there were decent posts
>>
>>7573658
if you think blogs are literature, you definitely belong to reddit
>>
>>7573660
>>7573675
>>7573683
>>7573714
Literature is synonymous with writings
Those things are literature
>>
>>7573308
OP has a point. The threads of this board has continuously gotten worse, especially with the reddit influx. I've been reporting every shit post I see but I'm done for today, it's exhausting. I've been here for years, and although I'm usually just a lurker, I can honestly say this is the worst it has ever gotten and I don't understand the people are who defending John Green , game of thrones, and blogs(probably the redditors) but to say this board has always been like this is outright lies. Yeah this board discussed the same books for years, but there were always other posts that were pretty decent (occasionally) that someone pointed out earlier. Tell people to check the archives if you don't wanna see the same posts again. Almost half of the threads going on right now could have been found yesterday in a different thread. We need to push the redditors out or get them to stop shit posting
>>
>>7573750
Keep telling youself that
>>
>>7573787
Stop, if he wants to believe that John Green is literature then let him. He'll go back to Reddit soon enough
>>
This is seriously an underrated post
>>
Hue. I actually just came back to this board today after not checking it for about a year. Used to spend a stupid amount of time here every songle day. I'm amazed at how little the board has changed. It's exactly the same as I left it. Like, the same threads. /lit/'s a good place to get your philosophy chops up because there's just the right amount of pressure to make you feel like you want to be in on the conversations but know that if you aren't solid everyone will call you a faggot. Once you've got the plan down, thougj, the board kinda becomes pretty shit and useless.

The board doesn't ever change, you do.
>>
>>7573855
I feel like people are just noticing this board is no longer slow paced so they just see a lot more shit posts and it's pissing them off. Kek
>>
>>7573502
Genre fiction was here for years. I was here since 08 and I got 45% of my current library of fantasy and scifi from lit.

It's just that early last year we started a general. This stopped people from asking questions that were answered before, and shitting up the board with unnecessary duplicates.
>>
The frogs crowd and pee on each other in their froghole during winter and have to escape from time to time to let the ammonia die down. Don't worry they return to their burrows with spring.
>>
>>7573308
>flock of redditors and new people

Simple logic dictates this happens every day.
>>
The egotism that drives people to make threads like these, sincere or not, must be extraordinary.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.