[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone do reading challenges? I'm thinking about it this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 2016-reading-challenge.jpg (95 KB, 650x841) Image search: [Google]
2016-reading-challenge.jpg
95 KB, 650x841
Anyone do reading challenges? I'm thinking about it this year because of changes to my work schedule i will have more than enough time to read (i.e. 5 12 hour shifts every 10 days of potential reading time)

This was the best one I could find, though would like to see some others that aren't aimed towards middle aged women and/or kids.

Here's what I've got lined up IAW the image:

> Huckleberry Finn
> The Metamorphosis
> Infinite Jest
> Beowulf
> Moby Dick
> (fuck whatever i guess)
> The Hellbound Heart
> White Noise
> Dubliners
> A Wild Sheep Chase
> The Case of Charles Dexter Ward
> The Trial and Death of Socrates
> Picture of Dorian Gray
> Alphabet of Manliness
> Inherent Vice
> Crime and Punishment
> Great Gatsby
> 'Salem's Lot, Shining or The Stand. Not sure which is best or how much time ill have.
> (implying I will do this)
> Brave New World
> Faust
> (no idea)
> Benjamin Franklin's Autobiography
> Slaughterhouse-Five

will I make it?
>>
go to reddit
>>
>>7570927
>Joseph Franzen
>Joseph

>with Pinecone and DFW

??
>>
>>7570927
Sounds cool, I don't have the motivation to do it but goodluck if you do do it
>>
That's gay as shit. If you don't have any intrinsic motivation to read get off my board
>>
>>7570960
>>7570972
don't be bullies
>>
>>7570972
I love the idea of this list! It pushes you to try something you may have never been willing to read. If you don't like poems for example but you tried to finish a collection, you can put it down. I'm sure an alpha such as yourself has already touched upon every genre and subgenre known to man so you already have your preferences. But some of us lowly bets need some guidance in what else is left to try.
>>
>>7570972
I had intrinsic motivation my whole life to read, That doesn't mean I can't do a list. There's nothing really bad about it.
>>
File: masterofmemes.jpg (216 KB, 650x841) Image search: [Google]
masterofmemes.jpg
216 KB, 650x841
>>7570927
>>
File: 1451841282654.jpg (12 KB, 415x387) Image search: [Google]
1451841282654.jpg
12 KB, 415x387
>>7571152
>i preefer to shot myself in the foot
>>
>>7571084
Whats the point of forcing yourself to read poetry if you can't enjoy it?
>>
>Joseph Franzen
>>
>>7570927
I will never read another book by Stephen King, Germ Martin, or Neil Gaimon (maybe I would a graphic novel). So hooped for the challenge T Bee's
>>
>>7571152

I chuckled a wee bit, I'll give you that.
>>
File: 1452486290966.gif (2 MB, 246x291) Image search: [Google]
1452486290966.gif
2 MB, 246x291
>>7571180
What's the point of not trying to read a knew genre. I said that you can put it down but at least you are making a move to explore new book types.
>>
>Read something be either Plato, Aristotle or Marcus Aurelius
>Marcus Aurelius

Didn't he write only one book?
>>
>>7575043
>knew
>K N E W
>N
>E
>W
>>
>>7571152
's
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.