[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My life is shit but I have loads of free time. What are some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1445333909591.jpg (122 KB, 1018x919) Image search: [Google]
1445333909591.jpg
122 KB, 1018x919
My life is shit but I have loads of free time.
What are some books that can provide me hours of escapism?
I don't care if they are genre shit as long as they keep me entertained and maybe intrude into my dreams.

I read almost transparent blue and I really liked it, main character felt like a self insert and his friends were my friends. I want something that replicates that feel. Other murakami works didn't do the trick for me.
>>
Gormenghast series
>>
>>7565402
I'd start with the hobbit. I also enjoy Redwall and other children's novels
>>
>>7565402

Honestly, I may get flamed for this but The Hardy Boys Series. I used to own the entire collection when I was a teenager and I read every single one multiple times over. They are the best mystery books ever written in my opinion and if you want to just get lost in a completely different world, you couldn't have a better series. I would finish 1/day.
>>
>>7565402
Chronicles of Thomas Covenant. They take a different approach to fantasy, it felt refreshing when I first read them.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.