[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone go from thinking this guy was full of shit to reading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Nietzsche187c.jpg (2 MB, 1956x2940) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche187c.jpg
2 MB, 1956x2940
anyone go from thinking this guy was full of shit to reading his stuff closely and thinking there might be something to it only to go back to thinking he is full of shit
>>
Rorschach test unfalsifiable edgy garbage.
>>
profoundly incoherent
>>
>>7561104
That wasn't the point. The point was he was inverting traditional philosophy and examining what the result of it might be.
>>
>>7561104
What is your actual critique--that you are impressionable?
>>
Nietzsche can't be accused of inconsistency. As far as post-Hegelians go, he was not incredibly fond of jargon. His aphoristic style reminds me of a dad too much at times. I honestly think the vitalizing effect of reading his work when I was younger is even stronger when reading certain essays by RW Emerson...and I do not think that the two are so far apart in terms of their egoist biophilia...
Nietzsche's worst characteristic was his attitude of polemics. He was the finest fedora tipper there ever was, though. Does anyone have any real insight or criticisms of Nietzsche? Or is he just incredibly irrelevant. Personally I like the fucking pep talks he gives, makes me want to go innawoods.
>>
File: 1444002398123.jpg (58 KB, 500x590) Image search: [Google]
1444002398123.jpg
58 KB, 500x590
>>7561172
>He was the finest fedora tipper there ever was, though.

It's true. The Antichrist is the most fedora tippy book ever but it's so deliciously inflammatory.
>>
>>7561172
>irrelevant
To whom?
The entire western society is rallying against everything he stood for, individualism, egoism, war, anti-equality, in every kind of media and you are asking one of them to come forward and bring you a critique. If you think popular means significant when it comes to relevant then you won't find any dissenting opinions valid, the rest of us can trace his influence and mountainous loads invalid critique from others easily.
>>
>>7561227
I don't think the west's fascination with those tropes are due to Nietzsche...I think all of those things are well encoded into Christianity...I don't think he was pro-war, either, not in particular...Ernst Junger and others took up his idea of Vitality and Virtu and conflated that with the honor and blood of combat...nevertheless, what is transcendent about Nietzsche is his often surprisingly rigorous "devaluation of all values"...now honestly /b/ does that job in a more profound and vulgar way than he could ever hope to but iirc Nietzsche was pretty much wizard status
>>
>>7561216
why cringelord atheists are unaware of their king, i will never understand.
>>
>>7561172
He predicted that the fall of Christianity would result in either nihilism or totalitarianism and that the there would be hundred millions dead as a result for it.

He was pretty right about that wasn't he?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.