[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: The best publication of a certain novel I'm talking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: heart of darkness penguin.jpg (200 KB, 975x1500) Image search: [Google]
heart of darkness penguin.jpg
200 KB, 975x1500
ITT: The best publication of a certain novel

I'm talking aesthetics, content, preferably both

Pic related
>>
>>7560059
oxford consistently beats penguin on all fronts (maybe not some translations), ESPECIALLY for pic related
notes+subjectively nicer covers+better paper+better collections (like HoD+3 short stories)+not penguin
>>
>>7560059

Not very good cover art desu. His face seems to be cropped off.
>>
Jesus Christ what a terrible thread
>>
>>7560363
Jesus Christ what a useless post
>>
>>7560059
Though the cover art sucks, I can confirm that the penguin edition of HoD is great. Great footnotes, great supplementary material
>>
>>7560059

I'll vote for the Norton Critical Edition as the best overall for The Brothers Karamazov. The translation is Ralph Matlaw's revision of Garnett, correcting errors of hers and discussing the revision work in some depth. Also there are over 100 pages of essays and primary background sources (letters mostly).
>>
File: nostromo.jpg (26 KB, 456x700) Image search: [Google]
nostromo.jpg
26 KB, 456x700
>>7560059
The covers of the penguin english library editions are so soft and nice to feel

reading Nostromo was such a fucking sensual experience, very nice print too

no introduction though which was kind of a bummer
>>
>>7560303
>>7560386

the fuck are you talkin about senpaitachi, this cover is fantastic
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.