[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the most Borgesian thing that's ever happened
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: Jorge-Luis-Borges.jpg (103 KB, 1080x861) Image search: [Google]
Jorge-Luis-Borges.jpg
103 KB, 1080x861
What's the most Borgesian thing that's ever happened to you, /lit/?
>>
I have been every man, but not for many years.
>>
>>7551867

I was reading a history book while in reality I was reading a book about myths.
>>
I was in Argentina and pretended I didn't know Spanish. I only spoke English.

I once got lost in a library, thought it was endless.

I got drunk, lost my car keys and walked 5 miles to a friends house, knocked on his window and the fucker kept on sleeping bc he thought i was pranking him. Fell asleep underneath some shrubs
>>
>>7551867
i took a bunch of shrooms
>>
>>7551931
Nice
>>
took acid, got raped by gay friend (i'm male), thought he was going to steal my body by transmitting his soul into mine leaving me a detached consciousness with no way to interact with anything for eternity, i would be just this disembodied floating point of thought, then almost commited suicide while i still had a body to do it with.

i've never read borges. true story though
>>
>>7552800
That's not Borgesian, fag.

Men can't be raped, they have to want the dick.
>>
>>7551931
Wow you a so random! Epic upvote from all us on 4chan!!
>>
Once I went to what I thought was a supermarket but it turned out to be a mirror labyrinth quran library filled with knife-fighting gaucho tigers.
>>
i once had a dream within a dream
>First dream in a Spanish hotel with some guys i used to be friends with, screw around abit then go to sleep
>Wake up in a new dream in my own bedroom as if it was real life, decide i dont want to be in this dream and kill myself by jumping out the window
>wake up back in the Spanish hotel dream

shit was dope, but whenever i tell people they get worried like i'll think im dreaming in real life and try to kill myself or some shit
>>
i have ontologically terrifying dreams because they're indistinguishable from normal life and go on as long as normal days, except that when I fall asleep in the dream I wake up for reals and have to repeat the day all over again.
>>
>>7551867
I got spooped reading a book in which the story was framed as academic research because I didn't know it was fiction
>>
I got blind
>>
I called Borges a pleb on /lit/ and then an infinite number of plebs got mad at me.
>>
>>7552800

did he put his dick into your butthole? were you aware it was happening?
>>
File: zeno.png (195 KB, 708x793) Image search: [Google]
zeno.png
195 KB, 708x793
>>7551867
It's happening to me right now when reading this.
>>
I dropped my copy of The Conversation with the Man Called Al-Mu'tasim: A Game of Shifting Mirrors while running through a garden
>>
on the recomendation of a dear friend, although dear is stretched to it's minimum meaning and impact after this incident, I partook in a somewhat Dyonesian ritual. He offered me a small flat chalky pill the color of a Buenos Aires sunset violet. He said it would be in my best interest as a man of literature and the arts, although the word arts is stretched to it's most infinite meaning, to drink the small offering and chase it down with a viscous concoction the color of Buenos Aires sunrise purple. It has been several years since the occurrence but I can still remember the night I ended up at a crack house being raped by three mulatoes wielding arm length knives. Still dazed from the maelstromic infuzion of Argentinian skies (of which I am very fond of) I uttered- Dios mio estoy en Africa!- Alas, In a flurry of horrific subterranen horror the likes of Lovecraft's own creation I realized the very color of the binds I was tied with was a duet of white and teal with a blazing sun looking up at me. It was the Argentinian flag!
>>
>>7551867
Became a fascist
>>
>>7553101
i n c e p t i o n
>>
>>7553890
yes. i believe, but not certain, that he slipped me some other drug... i was warm, great anxiety/confusion and body was sluggish (could barely move arms) but fully conscious.
>>
I read a book as a young kid (Out of the Silent Planet) in foster care. It was a stressful time and I was reading a lot of whatever sci-fi and fantasy I could get my hands on.

Anyway, years pass and I go to college and a friend recommends this book to me. While reading it I have deja vu. I can't place it for a few days, and because the book is written by CS Lewis and has religious themes all up in it I thought I was having some kind of nervous breakdown or religious awakening. Turns out I had just forgotten I had read the book years earlier, when my comprehension was very very low.

so I guess just deja vu is my most Borgesian experience

Similar thing happened to me when my older sister's fiance gave me a binder full of excerpts from things Godel, Escher, Bach,...Borges, John C. Lily, PKD, and Infinite Jest as a freshman in highschool. 10 years later I read Infinite Jest and the deja vu was an uncomfortable feeling until I recognized it
>>
>>7551867
Woke up from a labyrinthine dream in which I evaded knife wielding gauchos across the vista of Buenos Aires.
>>
>>7554508
this fag
>>7553079
did it much bettersian
>>
>>7551867
While reading it, having never heard of Borges, I decided throughout Pierre Menard to read the piece as if Borges had made up Menard's whole project and then even the man himself.
>>
A girl hugged me and we are going to balet next week
>>
>>7554397
jajaja
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.