[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shakespeare's "Hamlet"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Hey /lit/, this is my first post but i was wondering if you could help me out with this AP Literature paper due tomorrow. I wasnt being lazy i just had other homework to do. Any help explaining and defining exactly what the prompt means or help with writing the essay would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>7535792
>Any help explaining and defining exactly what the prompt means

he wants you to find clues as to hamlet's mental state and say whether he's just pretending to be a crazy person or not
>>
>>7535792
It's due 3 days from now, not tomorrow, and that's just the rough draft.
>>
>>7535798
She changed the due date, shes wants it the day we get back from our christmas break
>>
>>7535802

Claim madness, fling shit, fuck your sister, get a an A+ for becoming one with the character.
>>
>>7535814
10/10
>>
>>7535814
hamlet has no sister
>>
>>7535802
In that case, the first reply was correct.

The main debate about Hamlet's character always boils down to whether he was actually crazy or if he was pretending to be crazy, so that he could be perceived as a non-threat.
>>
>>7535792
Bump
>>
File: image.jpg (132 KB, 719x389) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132 KB, 719x389
>>7535819
Sanity becomes meaningless with a consciousness as large as Hamlet's. What would a Prince during the advent of the Romanesque era define as 'sane'? Would it be the same definition as under the Gothic, or our own?

Bloom has one of the best summaries of all of Hamlet's ironies. If Hamlet were a pipe, he would manage to play several variations on the same theme.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 640x425
It's worth exploring Hamlet as a product of his time, and as someone capable of feeling the Spirit of The Age around him. He imbibes its stoicism, and honour-imperatives, he cuts off the friends who can't feel it working within them, and so on.

Hamlet found the grander aspects of the Romanesque to be a great staircase, while Claudius essentially fell into it. Their experiences of the Romanesque era vary wildly.

Claudius is a very fascinating figure in his own right, same for Hamlet's mother...are we to assume that Hamlet's mother is an outgroup member? There's this notion that Hamlet belongs in Britain, where his madness can be granted free reign.

Fortinbrass eventually helps inaugurate something about the Romanesque that neither Hamlet or Claudius could...a sickeningly pure Pragmatism.

https://youtu.be/qMbkIsyOGsM
>>
>>7535818
Every woman a sister, every man a brother.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.