[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Wotcher Harry" What did she mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Nymphadora.Tonks.full.1230521.jpg (122 KB, 1100x582) Image search: [Google]
Nymphadora.Tonks.full.1230521.jpg
122 KB, 1100x582
"Wotcher Harry"

What did she mean by this?
>>
It means she's watching out for him.
>>
>>7535607

>*meet anon*
>"I'm watching out for you anon"

For real?
>>
It's just a colloquial greeting here in the UK. I suppose it's used to show the character's informal and relaxed nature towards Harry.
>>
>>7535643
But what does it mean? Is it like "wotcher doing" or something?
>>
>>7535742
not same anon but it derived from "what are you up to" as a general greeting. in the accent it'd be like "wotcha upto" , this "wotcher" was born
>>
It's funny how Scholastic obsessively changed all the stupid British slang in the series but left this in just because.
>>
You're a Witcher Harry
>>
>>7535605
'Sup Harry?
>>
Why did Harry go for Ginny over a girl that could literally be whatever he wanted?
>>
>>7536103
Because JK Rowling didnt know what to do with Ginny and realized that for 3 books she was just there so might as well develop her in the form of a weak love interest.
>>
File: 6777_4531.jpg (41 KB, 409x389) Image search: [Google]
6777_4531.jpg
41 KB, 409x389
>>7535842
[Slavic music intensifies]
>>
>>7536128
I thought that there relationship was pretty solid, or rather I didn't really think it was weak. If anything, I'd complain that Neville didn't get with Luna.
>>
>>7536103
senpai tonks was bare old
>>
>>7536140
It's been awhile but the only thing I remember about that whole ordeal was that it basically became the sole defining characteristic of Ginny, compared to Hermione who at least has "book smarts" or Tonks who had transforming powers, and a carefree attitude.
>>
>>7536157
only like 6 years older desu

and she can like shapeshift to look younger, know what I mean senpai?
>>
>>7536176
senpaitachi listen harry wasnt no sex fiend innit
he was in this for love, thats his secret power innit

tonks can be slim and thick at the same damn time but it aint enough senpai you feel me
>>
>>7536188
mmmm yeah I feeling you senpai, you work out bruv? mmmh yeah you feel goood
>>
File: niq.jpg (40 KB, 505x431) Image search: [Google]
niq.jpg
40 KB, 505x431
>>7536197
lmao PAUSE boyy!!

When A Nigga Get The Wrong Damn Idea
>>
>>7536203
If tonks was my gf I'd ask her to turn into you desu.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.