[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good book about the up and coming automation that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
What's a good book about the up and coming automation that is being talked about?
I mean, automation of the work force, smart enough AI's that manage our lifes, the death of work and stuff like that.
>>
>>7535506
>death of work

Into the army you go
>>
File: 1451691505628.jpg (45 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1451691505628.jpg
45 KB, 480x360
http://www.ccru.net/archive.htm
>>
>>7535518
... do you mean

>work of death?
>>
>>7535521
No, as in the majority will always work.

Not enough jobs due to automation? Good, cheaper bodies for the army to work with.
>>
>>7535550
This. People who genuinely believe they will be left alone to sit on their asses and do nothing are delusional. Enjoy getting pressed.
>>
>>7535556
So what do you think happens when the day comes that we have a machine that just spits out a million loaves of bread every day, with no input needed, and maintenance being carried out every 100 years or so? Do you think people will have to work then?
>>
>>7535619
tech secession becomes a reality
>>
OP here

The biggest name of this topic that I can find is Nicholas G. Carr.
Would anyone recommend him?

>>7535556
>>7535518
Don't give me that senpai desu
>>
>>7535702
if you want a realistic vision of the future and not the literary equivalent of the Jetsons see
>>7535520
>>
http://www.versobooks.com/books/1989-inventing-the-future
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.