[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/lit/, I come to you in a time of need. For reasons which I cannot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: ARO_Fiction_Atlas_Shrugged.jpg (62 KB, 185x278) Image search: [Google]
ARO_Fiction_Atlas_Shrugged.jpg
62 KB, 185x278
/lit/, I come to you in a time of need.
For reasons which I cannot explain here, I am doing a project, in which I have to create something which represents the theme of a book of my choosing, me being an idiot, I chose Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged".
Thing is, only thing I know about this book is the first hundred pages, after which I started reading chemistry textbooks, and the classical epin ayn rand memes, this is due in two days.
Please /lit/, I need your help.
>>
Create what specifically? Anything? A video? A paper? A diorama?
>>
>>7532357
My instructor didn't explain this very well, she said we could create pretty much anything within reason that represents the theme, I had an idea, for a railroad game of sorts, a railroad must travel on a track which splits into multiple paths, the conductor must choose which path to go on, one path representing his self-interest, the other representing the interest of the passengers.
Kinda autistic, but, you get the idea.
>>
>>7532437
Have a game where it's yourself against the rest of the class. Whoever wins gets a candy bar if they cross a particular threshold of points (lets say 25). Basically have a succession of choices that are either/or, with you either benefiting yourself in points or benefiting the class in points. Ask the class which choice you should make. Argue that it's in your self interest to make the choice benefiting you. When they say that's not fair, tell them that's the rules of the game, and since you made the rules, you'll choose how you want. If they decide they won't play, tell them you'll take all the candy bars for yourself. Keep arguing untenable positions that justify you getting everything and them getting nothing unless they obey you.

In summary, just make class a living hell.
>>
>>7532437
>>7532357
definitely go with the diorama. use dinosaurs. include a tyrannosaurus rex figurine as the embodiment of noble self-interest.
>>
>>7532465
Hmm, that's an interesting idea, however it might be difficult to get the class pissed off at me, I also stutter, speaking might be a little difficult, maybe something other than candy bars, maybe money?
Actually, not a bad idea...
>>
>>7532475
Maybe I can also draw some parallels between human nature (self-interest), and the environment (interest of the people)
>>
>>7532318
>persistently using "which" as a restrictive relative pronoun

I'd like to introduce you to a new word, OP: "That"

https://www.butte.edu/departments/cas/tipsheets/grammar/relative_pronouns.html

Contrary to what Early Modern English literature may try to impress upon you, "that" was common usage in the days of Old English that preceded it.
>>
>>7532504
I'll be honest, who gives a shit?
There's a little to no difference regardless, except to enforce ridiculous notions of elitism.
>>
>>7532510
If you keep using the same word you make it clear that you can barely speak, at least make us believe you know basic english words.
>>
>>7532477
Make the teacher be the main player, then just coach them on their self-interest.
>>
>>7532530
good idea, interactive theatre has become pretty huge this last years
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp8Pu1LUorU
>>
>>7532518
I already CAN barely speak, so what does it matter?
>>
>>7532686
he's talking about variety. everyone knows that if you repeat the same word two or three times in proximity, it makes for an uglier sentence. having a bigger vocabulary never hurt anyone.
>>
I gotchu OP.

Go buy a cheap plastic model train, buy/make a ball + chain and attach it to the back of the train. Get a little action figure of a guy/girl in a suit and put a piece of small rope in his hand and glue the other end of the rope to the front of the train. Finally, get an action figure of a homeless dude and have him sit on top of the ball and chain. EZ A.
>>
Put a white noise machine in front of the class. Whenever someone asks you what you're doing you tell them that they would get it if they weren't too bussy trying to sabotage your presentation.
>>
>>7533299
This would be pretty fucking easy, if only my teacher wasn't a progressive bitch, and was male.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.