[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm suffering from minor social anxiety. I can go to store
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Hobo.jpg (38 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Hobo.jpg
38 KB, 600x400
I'm suffering from minor social anxiety. I can go to store and walk through crowded area with no problem. My problem is that i still feel little anxiety when i try to express myself to the fullest. I really want to not give a shit about other peoples opinions and judgments.I'm looking for a book that will ease my suffering with this problem. My goal is that i can embarrass myself in public without no problem. Like some hobo who talks weird stuff to people. What would you recommend? The book can be a religious, philosophical, or some self help text. Thank you.
>>
To end up like that hobo you need to be schizophrenic, just take acid, ketamine, speed, coke and crystal meth as much as you can in 2016
>>
Prometheus Rising by Robert Anton Wilson
>>
>>7527601
>My problem is that i still feel little anxiety when i try to express myself to the fullest.
CONGRATS ON BEING JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER SENSIBLE HUMAN BEAN.
>>
>>7527624
OP BTFO
>>
>>7527624
>>7527635
great thread lads

But seriously though, a book wont help you solve that problem, bro. You can't just read a book to get rid of some issue. Life isnt like that. If you want to overcome your social anxiety, youre gonna have to actually be more social.
>>
>>7527601
not a book but check out st.johns wort and CBT (if you actually have anxiety.. helped me a lot)
>>
Maybe you could try secluding yourself from all forms of social interaction. Eventually, if you live in isolation long enough, you're ideas will become so strong that they will overpower everyone else's opinions. That's why the hermits are always the craziest ones. They just sit around thinking about whatever they want all day without any interference, building up their crazy little inner worlds full of insane ideas with no one ever criticizing or telling them they are wrong.
>>
>>7527645
can confirm. fell down the nihilism hole, thought all truth is relative so fuck it all, have very unpopular opinions now which are best not said until i get drunk and start ranting about antinatalism like a pubscent edgelord. goes down smooth.
>>
>>7527614
Yes. I've heard of this book. I will look into it more. Thank you
>>7527642
Yes. I know that book itself wont solve the problems but the instructions in the book may work as a guideline and me putting these instructions to use may help me to overcome this problem.
>>7527624
But i want to leave humanity behind.
>>
>>7527645
I've tried this. I just got depressed and more anxious.
>>
>>7527601
The guy in the photo isn't a hobo, but a performer who learned that being ridiculous and not giving a fuck brought smiles to peoples' faces on the street.

In the same kind of sense, you are a performer as you interact socially or even walk down the street. Confidence in your body language and speech sends a message to others.

Learn to not fear mistakes, but to learn from them. Know the insignificance of your actions relative to the size of this fucking huge universe and take pride in the fact that you exist. Don't look forward to the future, but enjoy the experience of the present. Take risks and step out of your comfort zone. You will learn more from bad experiences than good ones, which stretch out your boundaries and make other stuff child's play.

Some small things if you're talking to someone or a group of people: take your hands out of your pockets; use your body to express what you're saying, not just your words; eye contact is also a big factor, if you get uncomfortable by looking at someone's eyes, then it's something you should work on.

Books that helped me are the ones with strong characters and a strong underlying philosophical message. On the Road (say what you want lit, but Dean Moriarty is a great character), anything by Camus, The Bhagavad Gita (religious with great messages for self improvement).
>>
>>7527645
terrible advice if serious
don't go into that cellar op
>>
>>7527717
I was just trying to help him along the path he seems to want to go. That's how saints are born. Crazy people too, unfortunately. But anyways, it seems he already tried it for a week or two and it didn't work.
>>
>>7527601
get drunk you hobo
>>
>>7527645
Am hermit, can confirm. Expect my groundbreaking thesis / murder-suicide headline soon
>>
>>7527601

lol shelby?
>>
>>7527624

AND A REAL HERO
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.