[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any slow readers here that managed somehow ro overcome that problem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Any slow readers here that managed somehow ro overcome that problem without taking medicine to help their concentration problems?
>>
Pomodoro apps
3 minutes per page
Used to take ritalin 3 months ago, now I read at least 50 pages a day, depends onhow much I wanT. Yesterday i've read 75 so I could finish Ancient Celts. Back then it'd take me an hour to read 10 pages.
>>
>>7527284
Have the pills negatively effected you or your thinking in any way?
How much do you take? How much do you pay?
>>
>>7527262
Just kill yourself, you retarded frog posting idiot
>>
File: 1441564593130.jpg (57 KB, 480x638) Image search: [Google]
1441564593130.jpg
57 KB, 480x638
>>7528172
>Have the pills negatively effected you or your thinking in any way?

I have a better understanding of productive and leisure time now. The drug is not miraculous, it just turns you on hyper focus, with no off switch. Learning to be resilient and knowing when to be attentive or relaxed is my goal now.

>How much do you take?

I experimented with 10mg ritalin for 6 months or so. In the start I used to binge up to 40 mg and it was fun because I'm easily addicted to shit. Meanwhile I was also productive. By the end I was confident enough to take 5mg and rely more on my capacity to focus than on the drug's effects.

>How much do you pay?

I don't use it anymore, but I used to pay a shit ton of money since I live in Brazil. It's probably more expensive, but just as accessible than in the US. The tragedy of the ADD patient is that he has to be always under the drug effects for his brain to be 'normal', which will never be true because you're just under a stimulant. In the end you just have to learn to be efficient and master your focus ability.

I just finished a 140 pages book today btw. This would take at least 14 hours back in the day. I guess I did it in less than 7 hours.
>>
I usually end up going back and rereading whatever it is I just read.

It's infuriating. I end up feeling like what I read didn't sink in so I reread and end up reading 10-15 pages a day when it should be 30+.

I don't know how I'll grow as a writer with such a shitty reading pace.
>>
EXERCISE MY BROS

IT HELP TO FOCUS
>>
>>7528732
Not for me
>>
>start reading
>read 4 pages
>fall asleep for 90 minutes

literally just happened
>>
>>7528760

me all the time
>shitpost for an hour
>finally decide to read the book i sat next to an hour ago
>read 10 pages
>sleep
>wake up
>shitpost for an hour
>consider suicide

2016 is going to be
>>
>>7527262
Just start reading more. You'll subconsciously recognize patterns in words and, as a result, read faster.
>>
>>7528736
Do you even lift?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.