[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What books accurately portray the thoughts, emotions, and struggles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: MTE4MDAzNDEwNjU4NzU2MTEw.jpg (133 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
MTE4MDAzNDEwNjU4NzU2MTEw.jpg
133 KB, 1200x1200
What books accurately portray the thoughts, emotions, and struggles of women? Books that help you empathize with women?
>>
The game by neil strauss
>>
Ready Player One
>>
>>7526712

Anna Kavan
>>
>>7526712
Play It As It Lays, by Joan Didion
Housekeeping, by Marilynne Robinson

If you think the characters are ineffectual weaklings who don't even come close to taking charge of anything ever or holding distinct values, that's the point. I'm not saying women are evil or stupid, but I do think that if you turn away from the portraits in these books you're fooling yourself.
>>
Satan Says by Sharon Olds is fantastic
>>
>>7526730
well played I couldn't help but laugh out loud at reading this farce recommended for anything
>>
In my opinion, women truly don't have a firm grasp on reality and don't know what they want in life really. They grab onto nothing solid and are led from one emotion to another. Have any women ever come to this self-realization in writing? Maybe Virginia Woolf did, but she blamed it on the patriarchy instead of biological differences between males and females.
>>
>>7526777
Joan Didion was definitely self-aware, and Marilynne Robinson was either self-aware or painfully straightforward otherwise.

See >>7526739
>>
>>7526712
Youre probably the same cunt who made the attention whoring thread. Fuck off to tumblr, cunt
>>
>>7526792
nope, just trying to build empathy like a rational, well-intentioned person. have a great day!
>>
empathy is overrated
so are women
don't bother
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.