[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>We possess the classic model in specifically Aryan forms:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 795x601) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 795x601
>We possess the classic model in specifically Aryan forms: we may therefore hold the best-endowed and most reflective species of man responsible for the most fundamental lie that has ever been told-- That lie has been copied almost everywhere: Aryan influence has corrupted all the world

What did Nietzsche mean by this? Taken from Book Two of The Will to Power
>>
Wasn't The Will to Power a forgery?
>>
>>7523286
They made a new edition from his unplagarised and unedited journals.
>>
>>7523296
Is the passage OP mentioend any different/there at all in those versions?
>>
>>7523302
Well the most popular edition is the newly refurbished one so I would imagine it to be the same there.
>>
>>7523311
I got it from whichever one is on HinduOnline.co.
>>
>>7523296
>They made a new edition from his unplagarised and unedited journals.
Who is "they" and which edition are you referring to?
>>
>>7523347
Vintage made a new edition.
>>
>>7523355
The only one I see on their website is the 1968 one by Kaufmann.
>>
>>7523326

That is a fake edition, written and edited by Elizabeth Förster-Nietzsche, who was a Nazi before the NSDAP and later very close to the Nazis

There is no book called "Will To Power" by Nietzsche, but it is a common theme in his later work, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Will_to_Power_%28manuscript%29

My "Kritische Gesamtausgabe" doesn't even contain the word "aryan/arisch" except for a fragment where he calls it "plumpes Gewäsch", ungraceful balderdash

>Dies ist ein Problem der Rasse, wie ich es verstehe: denn an dem plumpen Geschwätz von arisch — — —
>>
>>7523381
Where can I get a real version online for free?
>>
>>7524094
There is no "real" version of Will To Power, there never has been

The concept is expanded upon in several of his works, starting with Human, All Too-Human, over to Beyond Good And Evil, culminating in Thus Spoke Zarathustra

I'd recommend Beyond Good And Evil
>>
After being done with the Greeks what should I read before Nietzsche? I've read people talking about having really insightful and "wow" moments after starting his works so I can't wait to read him.
>>
>>7524306
A basic understanding of Schopenhauer, Kant, Voltaire, Goethe, and Wagner will help you immensely. You don't have to read/listen to any of their work but familiarize yourself with who they were and what they stood for. To ensure that you don't misunderstnad anything, check the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
>>
>>7524306
And I also recommend starting with Twilight of the Idols, since that's where Nietzsche recommended readers begin with his work.
>>
>>7524576
Forgot about Spinoza
>>
>>7523051
Sounds like he is saying it's not the white people's fault that the world is messed up, but they are responsible for others thinking this.
>>
File: 1433267435559.jpg (16 KB, 321x325) Image search: [Google]
1433267435559.jpg
16 KB, 321x325
>>7524306
>being done with the greeks
Literally impossible, that's like claiming you read the Bible and understood it.
>>
>>7524788
"White people dindu nuffin they was gud boys jus tryna spread civilization"
Fredrick Neetche
>>
>>7524812
If I would've said where do I start people would've just said the Greeks so I said what I said
>>7524581
>>7524576
Thanks mate. Cheers and a happy new year
>>
>>7526576
Bump
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.