[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /lit/ think of IT? I personally love IT. Beautifully
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: IT.jpg (43 KB, 290x475) Image search: [Google]
IT.jpg
43 KB, 290x475
What does /lit/ think of IT?

I personally love IT. Beautifully written, particularly at the parts of a character's childhood.
>>
>>7522659

Hi Read IT
>>
>>7522659
an immensely inadequate writer on a sentence-by-sentence, paragraph-by-paragraph, book-by-book basis
>>
>>7522659
meme book by a meme writer
>>
my favorite king novel. e/lit/ists can suck my dick, i like him
>>
>>7522690
go back to reddit
>>
>>7522689
Dank maymays
Stephen king,KING of goofsters, gaffsters, and memesters alike.
>>
>>7522670
/thread
>>
>>7522659
nah
>>
>>7522709
>le ebic rebbit burn maymay

hella harsh anon :(

pet semetary is my favorite idea, but written a bit rough, imo. misery or the shining is probably the one i've read the most. only made it through book iv of the dark tower series. kinda meh. uncut stand>>>cut stand. but overall, it is best.
>>
>Better improve my e-rep by letting people know I don't like this popular book
Classic reddit behavior
>>
>>7522670
>an successful writer on a sentence-by-sentence, paragraph-by-paragraph, book-by-book basis
>i-i could sell that many books if i was a pop sellout, too, guiz

ftfy
>>
>>7522739
>>7522740
it's poplar so its good xd
fuk da haterz
>>
>>7522745
just as valid as it's popular so it's bad
>>
>>7522754
This is not literature.
This is a literature board.
>>
Been too long since I've read it. Vaguely remember that it was decent, but was somehow disappointed at the ending.

Probably most of King's translated output back at mid-90's. The novels seemed to replicate similar themes, characters and plot arcs up until it became kind of annoying,

However, I'd argue some of his novellas and short stories (The Mist, The Body, Shawshank Redemption) are honest-to-god good.
>>
>>7522771
The Body definitely
>>
>>7522659
it's King's best novel, in my opinion.

no it's not some masterpiece of lit like Joyce or Shakespeare or anything, but i'm not one of these idiots who calls everything a meme or shit.

i don't think everything King writes is good - in fact i'd only consider maybe 3 or 4 of his books good enough to re-read - but this is one of them.
>>
>>7522760
as pretentious as /lit/ likes to be thanks to the title of the board, this is the board for the written word, regardless of how you deem it's quality.

maybe i'll petition asian moot to chanfe the name to /wr/ or /pub/ or something so everyone here can stop (kek) jerking themselves off about how patrician they are
>>
>>7522785
None of these dicks are patrician anyway. I grew out of that phase way back in 08 and left it in /mu/. Dunno what's so cool about itm
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.