[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the greatest thing I've ever read and my life's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 158770.jpg (59 KB, 289x475) Image search: [Google]
158770.jpg
59 KB, 289x475
This is the greatest thing I've ever read and my life's passion. Please direct to me anything similar.
>>
The Pork Rice Noodle by Ching Chong Ping Pong
>>
>>7518521
Outlaws of the Marsh, obviously. Maybe also the Iliad.
>>
>>7518541
SHANGHAI HONG KONG EGG FOO YUNG
FORTUNE COOKIE ALWAYS WRONG
>>
>>7518521
Prolly these: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Great_Classical_Novels
>>
I just finished volume 2. It's pretty fucking rad.

Cao Cao did nothing wrong imo desu.
>>
>>7518675
This. They portray Xuande as the "good guy" but he's a conniving shitlord until his death.
>>
>>7518521
Oh, you liked vastly inferior Chinese War & Peace? I wonder what else you could possibly like.
>>
>>7518521

The Gay Genius: The Life and Times of Su Tungpo
by Lin Yutang
>>
>>7518872
Constant backstabbing does that. Seriously, he gets called out for it in the book. Why do I have to root for this guy again? Oh, because he's benevolent or some horseshit?
>>
>>7519214
"I didn't read this book, but I played Dynasty Warriors so I'm gonna shitpost on /lit/"
>>
>>7519361
Apperently chinese people really dont like Cao Cao though.

Hey also whats with that bit where Xuande rocks up to some town and the guy he's staying with has nothing to feed him, so he chops up his missus? Then Xuande finds out and he's all like 'oh wow man thanks' like wtf.
>>
File: 1450813467469.gif (994 KB, 400x286) Image search: [Google]
1450813467469.gif
994 KB, 400x286
>>7519539
Let's not forget after Changban
>>
File: tk.jpg (50 KB, 320x500) Image search: [Google]
tk.jpg
50 KB, 320x500
>>7518521
Which Translation is the best, I know there's a new translation is it any good?
>>
>>7519855
I think Moss Roberts is consensus best
>>
>>7519878
This one >>7519855 and the Robert Hegel one are the only ones available as Ebooks. Will I be missing a lot with the Hegel translation?
>>
>>7519698
Yeah Confusists are fucked.
>>
>>7519341
>based Lin Yutang
Nice.
>>
dont die on me

asia will rise again !
>>
>>7519855
The version in the OP is the best.

Great translation, and each of the editor's notes are worth reading
>>
File: armentrout.jpg (43 KB, 549x255) Image search: [Google]
armentrout.jpg
43 KB, 549x255
>>7523204
>>7519855
God fucking dammit. Why do I never think of translation quality before buying a book??
This is how I ended up with three copies of Les Mis
>>
>>7519539
It's like Japanese people and Oda Nobunaga. They admit they were crucial for (re)unification but because they used DISHONOROBUR acts to achieve that, they are not well liked.
>>
>>7523235
If it makes you feel any better, I never check for volume numbers, so now I have a copy of Vol. 4 Journey to the West just chilling on my shelf asking to be burnt to return to Buddha.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.