[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which book next ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1984-book9.jpg (48 KB, 308x475) Image search: [Google]
1984-book9.jpg
48 KB, 308x475
Hi anons,
I just finished 1984 by Orwell and I´am ready to go on.The only question is : Which book now ?
I´am struggling to decide between :
- The Birth of Tragedy from the Spirit of Music / Friedrich Nietzsche
- Animal Farm / George Orwell
- Fahrenheit 451 / Ray Bradbury

Thanks in advance !
>>
>>7517107
How about you read Animal Farm? Animal Farm.
>>
>>7517118
just read this before you read any of the others, it's pretty short but quite good.
>>
>>7517107
Not Nietzsche, that's for sure.

Animal Farm is literally just a slightly mushed up history of the Russian revolution with added bacon.

F451 is pretty mediocre, but that's just me.

I'd advise Orwell's essays, honestly.
>>
Read Fahrenheit 451, you can do it in one day if you get into it. It's a pretty good read and essential "I just read 1984"-core. My experience related, I read 1984 about a year ago right when I started to get into reading/lit and afterwards read 451 again, grasping it like I never had when reading it in high school.
>>
>>7517107

We or Brave New World.
>>
I'd say just read animal farm and get it out of your way. It's short, simple and enjoyable, read at the middle school level.

Then like
>>7517351
Says, just read f451,
>>
Really? There is no "routine" or "check list" to do.
What thing do you want to read about?
If you want books in the same line, just read Brave New World.
>>
>>7517107
Skip all and read The Tunnel.
>>
>>7517107
read brave new world.

animal farm, we, Fahrenheit 451 are all good "classic" dystopian novels.

also consider reading "homage to catalonia" by orwell.
>>
Have you read the Bible?

/lit/ should have a bible study.

In all seriousness. It's a fantastic read.
>>
>>7517696
It's really not. It's incredibly tedious.
>>
>>7517118

Animal Farm will always have a special place for me since it made me do a 180 and turn from interest in sciences to interest in social sciences.

>>7517107

Imo the best Orwell book I've read is Homage to Catalonia. It's a memoir of Orwell's time fighting in the Spanish Civil War, and once you read it it becomes really easy to see how his views and later works like 1984 were shaped by his experiences.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.