[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I start this today, now im in the chapter two and i have question:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 2794.jpg (32 KB, 315x475) Image search: [Google]
2794.jpg
32 KB, 315x475
I start this today, now im in the chapter two and i have question: ¿Is recomendable to read something before continue reading or i can enjoy the book without read any information before?
>>
just remember it is an epic and a story of self-discovery for oedipal maas.
>>
>>7514719
just keep reading bruv.
>>
>>7514719
Which parts make you think that you need prior reading?
>>
Honestly I read this book but I don't really know if I "got" it. It wasn't that it was confusing, just maybe I was missing and interpretted wrong, I don't know.
>>
>>7514987
You aren't supposed to "get it". You are supposed to feel like Oedipa throughout the entire novel: lost, confused, indignant of thought you might be part of one clever joke. Multiple "clues" are left throughout the book for you to ascertain the "meaning" of the novel, but they lead to nowhere. There are multiple paragraphs that, on a cursory glance, narrate Oedipa's confusion and the pointlessness of her journey; this is really just Pynchon being meta and flipping off the reader.

The whole book is a nihilistic mess.
>>
>>7514961
No one, i only ask because i read reviews and them said that you have to read with the book a dictionary and i think that i'll have to read some information before.
>>
>>7514749
>>7514773
>>7515035
Thanks for reply.
>>
>>7514719
your spanish is showing m8
>>
>>7514719
read about project MKUltra, Maxwell's Demon, Shannon's theory of communication, maybe a litle about Thurn & Taxis's history

you can still enjoy it without these things but whatever
>>
File: 1449786735140l.png (739 KB, 1601x601) Image search: [Google]
1449786735140l.png
739 KB, 1601x601
>>7515035
yeah that's exactly what was going through my mind but I wasn't too sure. Glad I wasn't misrepresenting it though.

This is a read, expected, got, of lot 49 I saw the other day that IMO captured my exact feelings of it.
>>
>>7514719
read the Bible first.
>>
>>7515408
third pic needs to be made of increasingly compressed image files
>>
I've read it twice and only really enjoyed it the second time once I realized the plot is supposed to be unintelligible and frustrating. So read it through once and then read it again in a few months.
>>
>>7514719
you clearly can barely speak english so maybe you need help, but normally no, just keep reading.
>>
>>7514719

The answer is "Torquato Tasso"
>>
>>7516447
if youre not memeing then you have the reading comprehension of an 8 year old
>>
>>7515035
Wow that is exactly how I felt while reading it. It's the only book I've ever just quit reading; I stopped right before the final 10 pages or so because I could FEEL that it was all leading to a giant fuck you ending. I put it down and never looked up the ending just to spite Pynchon. Now I think I just discovered the true end to the story along with the closure I've longed for in your post. I can move on now.

Are any of his other novels worth reading?
>>
>>7519322
>Are any of his other novels worth reading?
no
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.